• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a new wallet

heynow

Reaction score
Looking for a general purpose wallet, black preferable. I want a slim one I can carry in my front pocket. With at least 2 to 3 slots for cc, 1 for ID and business cards as well. Any suggestions?

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heynow
Looking for a general purpose wallet, black preferable. I want a slim one I can carry in my front pocket. With at least 2 to 3 slots for cc, 1 for ID and business cards as well. Any suggestions?

I bought a nice credit card case from Launer over the internet last year. I thought the royal warrant was a bit ostentatious, but it quickly faded to a nicely patinated dullness. They offer some nice wallets as well.

28120379547147c0760fd9355.jpg

jabreal00

Reaction score
I have one from fossil. It's black and leather with three slots in the front. It's got a magnetic clip in the back for cash. It also has a slot in the middle for more cards. I got it as a graduation gift several years ago. It's one of the best gifts I've gotten.

----------------
Now playing: Thievery Corporation - Until The Morning
via FoxyTunes

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Near a Nordstrom Rack? With some searching you may be able to find a Dingman or Faconnable wallet for a great price.

slipperywhenwet

Reaction score
I picked up a Paul Smith card case a couple of months ago. It has two slots for cards on either side, and a space in the center for cards as well. The outer pockets seem a little large for credit cards at first, but once you fill it, everything holds nicely. Even stuffed with cards, it's still incredibly slim.

Best of all, there's a naked lady on it. That and that alone sold me on the wallet.
http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse...sp?id=11697683

My only complaint with the wallet is that the the outer pockets aren't staggered on the inside. So, when you put a card in the 1st slot, the top 1/4 of the card sticks out, making it easy to grab. When you put a card in the 2nd slot, the card is completely hidden...it's hard to explain, maybe I'll take a picture. I'm going to see if I can't somehow seal the 2nd slot near the bottom, to hold the card up higher in the wallet.

heynow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slipperywhenwet
I picked up a Paul Smith card case a couple of months ago. It has two slots for cards on either side, and a space in the center for cards as well. The outer pockets seem a little large for credit cards at first, but once you fill it, everything holds nicely. Even stuffed with cards, it's still incredibly slim.

Best of all, there's a naked lady on it. That and that alone sold me on the wallet.
http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse...sp?id=11697683

My only complaint with the wallet is that the the outer pockets aren't staggered on the inside. So, when you put a card in the 1st slot, the top 1/4 of the card sticks out, making it easy to grab. When you put a card in the 2nd slot, the card is completely hidden...it's hard to explain, maybe I'll take a picture. I'm going to see if I can't somehow seal the 2nd slot near the bottom, to hold the card up higher in the wallet.

that is awesome, is it worth the $150?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that is awesome, is it worth the $150?
I felt the leather and workmanship were very poor when I handled them in person (which is a shame).

slipperywhenwet

Reaction score
I would say that it is worth it if I was comparing it to Dior Homme, or Tod's. The construction isn't as good as my old Dunhill wallet, but it's actually holding up quite well. My biggest issue is that the leather doesn't feel nearly as good as my previous wallet. It's almost waxy. However, like I said, it is breaking in well, especially considering that it spends a lot of time in selvege jeans, which manage to destroy everything I put in the pockets.

That said, I put a premium on things that have something special or unique hidden in them. So, I can justify spending an extra $50 or so on a wallet just to see some bold stripes and a naked lady every time I pull out my credit card.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
**** its sold out.

You might try again later.
I was looking at it yesterday and it was showing not available.
I was able to order it this morning.
Of course it hasn't shipped yet so who knows if I'll actually get it.
Going by past experience, Barneys online ordering can be kind of flakey.

Staying home sick today has been rather expensive.
I ordered the card case, the naked lady cuff links, and a striped card case.

heynow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
You might try again later.
I was looking at it yesterday and it was showing not available.
I was able to order it this morning.
Of course it hasn't shipped yet so who knows if I'll actually get it.
Going by past experience, Barneys online ordering can be kind of flakey.

Staying home sick today has been rather expensive.
I ordered the card case, the naked lady cuff links, and a striped card case.

cuff links you say.......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads