• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shell, has anyone told you you really need a haircut...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not today, but I'm easily entertained...

n83396500733155321347yf3.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
A lot happens when you're out to dinner! (by the way I reccomend Bar Q)

Originally Posted by CTGuy
Dude-- no one would give a **** what you buy or how you spend you money except you come off like a jackass sometimes. From what I can tell, often times you seem like an intelligent and cool dude who is into clothing, so here's some free advice: drop the condescending attitude.....

The amusing thing is, that every retort that I say is in jest. I never start a fight/flame war/bash/**** talking on this Forum. If you can't read into my playing along with fools who are trying to bait me into looking like an idiot, then you will probably develop that insight after you've been on internet fashion websites for 6 years too.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Thanks for the new insight into the discussion. For the record, justin seems like one of the least pretentious guys who wears a ton of raf/jil. Also, the guy has a lot of other more normal looking clothes if you remember his old waywts. Plus, dude looks really really normal in non-waywt pics, even when wearing goofy (but fun) raf/jil items.

Oh come on Alex! Don't you know that one fun runway piece can negate everything else/basics you have from the brand be it a solid color tee or a grey peacoat that makes plenty wet here when I post??

Originally Posted by VKK3450

Exactly. It's funny that people actually get upset about this stuff and realize that this place for some is just a fun way to pass the time bored at a desk at work.

Originally Posted by keykoo
Have you already seen the finished versions of the marble jackets Socal? I can't believe you're actually going to get one XD

Did you also get to see those awesome tweed suits? If so, are they as badass as they looked on the runway?

Yes, Raf had me put on the marble coat in the rain poly (helped seal the deal on purchasing it). There is also a cotton blazer, wool coat, wool/silk turtle necks, cotton dress shirts in the marble prints.
Still on the fence about the tweed as up close it almost looks patchwork.

Originally Posted by braidkid
Everyone, stop ripping on socal. He's a nice guy with well intentions.

Hey, are you still buying me a steak and all the beer i can drink when you visit later this month?
nod[1].gif

Yes, please see the Seattle-Alaska thread. I'll be there the night of the 28th and then again the night of the 6th.

Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Some of the criticism being directed at SoCal is beyond normal commentary and something bordering on jealousy, hate, and/or misdirected anger. Haters, man! Only makes the hated look better.

Master Yoda?

oneblood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Not today, but I'm easily entertained...

n83396500733155321347yf3.jpg

You're halfway there.
colgate.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
What is youth except a man or a woman before it is ready or fit to be seen?
-Evelyn Waugh

See, Mignonne, hath not the Rose,
That this morning did unclose
Her purple mantle to the light,
Lost, before the day be dead,
The glory of her raiment red,
Her colour, bright as yours is bright?

(not the best translation)

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I have that top!

Give it back, please.

And, not that Socal needs defending, but I have always felt like he has a good sense of humor about himself and about clothes. He also does a good job at balancing out all the douche on the board.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flensing Knife
So, this my first post here. That doesn't invalidate what I have to say.

SoCal2NYC, you're a rich boy buying super-expensive clothing with your daddy's money (as you've admitted on SZ). Some might say that has nothing to do with anything, but I say it very much does. It means you're trying to punch well above your real weight class and there's a vibe that comes with that.

You haven't 'earned' your clothes in any sense, financial, experiential, nothing. You go into a store, buy ultra high end names and then throw them on.

You consistently look bad in your clothing. You emanate nothing in them, just soul deadening, end-of-time, dying empire elite showiness. You've got no wit, no depth, no texture, no inherent eye, no talent.

You're like some bratty son of a director given the camera on the basis of your father's name, making a flat, joyless, inept **** sandwich of a film.

So, some positive advice: stop ******* buying ****. Just ******* stop. Sell 75% of the **** in your closet and start experimenting with earth-bound ****.

Read a goddamn book about history. Read a 19th century novel, preferably Lost Illusions by Balzac or The Red and the Black by Stendhal, both thematically very similar.

Do these things, immediately, and don't post here or SZ or anywhere else til you've done them.

1) Those are two of my favourite novels and they're not thematically similar although they do share an atmosphere and certain historical and literary context. In other words same genre, different meanings. Have you read them in French or are you just a poseur?

2) **** you

trentk

Reaction score
2588299185_7f1a619614.jpg

Shirt non SF approved (cheap)
Pants J. Crew
Shoes Early 70's Clarks Desert Boots
Glasses Late 70's Vuarnet

Originally Posted by Augusto86
sClothingShots288.jpg

Kinda similar to what I wore today... like it. The overexposure is pretty cool too.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I find this amusing since you can't do either.

(YOU JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING AT VITO'S, HUH, *****???)

How long did it take you to think of that? We're too quick with the responses in person :p

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Sorry, I'm watching the game. What the hell are you doing?

Doing my best to not witness the boston massacre.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, awesome. I can't wait to see that recent purchase/wawyn

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
1) Those are two of my favourite novels and they're not thematically similar although they do share an atmosphere and certain historical and literary context. In other words same genre, different meanings. Have you read them in French or are you just a poseur?

2) **** you

and...

3) do you like apples?

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
boat shoes from firenze!

waywt16jun.jpg

and some waywt/random pictures from my recent backpacking adventure to greece, italy, and france:

napoleon's apartment in the louvre/ vineyards of Saint-Émilion
2.jpg

what i could barely afford/ couldn't
1.jpg

ahh...italian espresso
expresso.jpg

and a santorini sunset!
santorini.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads