• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

cbj

Reaction score
I have read through the posts and wanted to see if I understand the labels. Specifically I am looking at this suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017
From the interior tag (and the fact the pants are not unhemmed) it seems the suit is not current, correct? If so, does anyone have an educated guess how hold the suit is or an opinion on it? Thanks.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbj
I have read through the posts and wanted to see if I understand the labels. Specifically I am looking at this suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=017
From the interior tag (and the fact the pants are not unhemmed) it seems the suit is not current, correct? If so, does anyone have an educated guess how hold the suit is or an opinion on it? Thanks.

You are correct, the suit isn't from the current Zegna label. I am unsure, but I would imagine that the suit is between 4 and 8 years old. However, there will be others who would be better able to provide an accurate estimate.

The suit's ok, but I doubt that I'd pay that much for a suit that old. However, the suit appears to be new, so if you like it, then why not get it?

Good luck

Clint

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
You are correct, the suit isn't from the current Zegna label. I am unsure, but I would imagine that the suit is between 4 and 8 years old. However, there will be others who would be better able to provide an accurate estimate.

The suit's ok, but I doubt that I'd pay that much for a suit that old. However, the suit appears to be new, so if you like it, then why not get it?

Good luck

Clint

What he said, but do make sure if you can that it fits.

Is there a return policy?

Cool Breeze

PS: Hi Clint, it's currently 16-19 Degrees Celsius here in Sydney, but the sun's usually out and beaming magnificently upon us mortals.
laugh.gif

cbj

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It must be new old stock. The fact that the pants are hemmed makes be think Saks must have had a buyer that flaked on them. The measurements look good with the expception of the sleeves, those would need to be lengthened. There isn't a return policy listed though.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze
What he said, but do make sure if you can that it fits. Is there a return policy? Cool Breeze PS: Hi Clint, it's currently 16-19 Degrees Celsius here in Sydney, but the sun's usually out and beaming magnificently upon us mortals.
laugh.gif

You!!!! Damn you and your wonderful weather
devil.gif
I'm not in the least bit jealous. Clint

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbj
Thanks guys. It must be new old stock. The fact that the pants are hemmed makes be think Saks must have had a buyer that flaked on them. The measurements look good with the expception of the sleeves, those would need to be lengthened. There isn't a return policy listed though.

Hi, I suggest that you ask the Seller and express any concerns you have up front.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Clint

deaddog

Reaction score
Extremely helpful thread. Query - I saw a Zegna label with "RH7K" in the box labelled "family group" below. Any idea if (i) its authentic and (ii) what it signifies?
thx

Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
To the best of my knowledge, this is the current fabric tag and has been for a bout 5 or so years. I have not bought much new from Zegna in the last few years.

The box in the left defines the family group, the letter defines the fabric range.

deaddog

Reaction score
Can anybody help with this?

Originally Posted by deaddog
Extremely helpful thread. Query - I saw a Zegna label with "RH7K" in the box labelled "family group" below. Any idea if (i) its authentic and (ii) what it signifies?
thx

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
Can anybody help with this?

Hi. I've got a very limited knowledge with Zegna. However, is there any way that you could provide a picture of the label?

Is it a current one (such as Zegnamtl posted)?

Thanks

Clint

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks - but I posted a separate thread (with label shot) and got some feedback that it is legit. I'd still like to figure out the code, however. Thread is at:http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=83696

Label shot is attached.

Originally Posted by clintonf
Hi. I've got a very limited knowledge with Zegna. However, is there any way that you could provide a picture of the label?

Is it a current one (such as Zegnamtl posted)?

Thanks

Clint

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi, I've only just been informed via email that you posted.

I really cannot help you on this topic. I looked at 3 different Zegna jackets with the latest label (I'll have a look at some of my other jackets tomorrow) and each one of them had a different designator.

Two of them had similar codes to the label you've provided.

One jacket was a Trefeo, one a 15 milmil 15 and one pure cashmere.

Could it be some sort of location identifier?

If you wish I could tell you codes of mine.

Sorry that I cannot be of any further assistance.

Clint

ijung

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've bought this shirt off ebay and do not know if it's authentic because I havn't seen the label here.
190839968_o.jpg

190841256_o.jpg

any input would be great. Thanks.

wq1999

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ijung
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've bought this shirt off ebay and do not know if it's authentic because I havn't seen the label here.
190839968_o.jpg

190841256_o.jpg

Appears to be an older Zegna mainline label. I have some older items (1980s) which have this label. Seems authentic.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ijung

Yes, it's real. Probably b/w 5-10 yrs old. The knitwear labels are different. I think this thread focused on suit and coat labels.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Just bought a Zegna Suit and instead of a number or letter to denote some level/type of fabric there is a (+) . Any idea what this signifies?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads