• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think anybody was questioning the authenticity.
wink.gif

Hummingbird

Reaction score
I will fully admit I am a zygote! 4 months ago i was wearing express jeans and chinos
frown.gif
Part of that is living in Austin, TX where the Nordstroms is lame, the small shops are for older men, and mediocrity rules the day. Luckily I discovered Styleforum and the future is wow. This week I visit NYC for the first time, and hope to have a wardrobe fleshing out experience. It's been a nice transition from seeing people wearing really beautiful clothes and actually being able to find them. <3 Styleforum and WAYWT.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
But I don't want to look like you. I'm not into that kind of "stealth wealth."
$8,000 would better be spent this weekend at Jil on a marble coat, creepers, pleated suit and 5 Sartorial MTM white shirts.

Dude-- no one would give a **** what you buy or how you spend you money except you come off like a jackass sometimes. From what I can tell, often times you seem like an intelligent and cool dude who is into clothing, so here's some free advice: drop the condescending attitude. Even those who are ranking on you for some of your purchases are doing it in good fun.

I think what you are running into is the natural progression of responding to some good natured ribbing by saying: well I am rich and you're not and I don't want to look like you! nyah nyah nyah!

Most of us already know you inherited money, so our next response is going to be to say- you're wasting your money on labels because you don't even look very good and anyone with style wouldn't wear that ****.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cbusguy,
It's obviously at least a full size too small for you. It looks terrible.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Augusto,
GREAT move to shave the beard! looks so much better and more tasteful. Now you can get away with velvet coats without the latino lover vibes
biggrin.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbusguy
Should i keep? What do you guys think?

If that doesn't stretch down further then...yeah, sell/donate/etc it. Just doesn't look right and its lack of length is only highlighted by the untucked shirt.

unko

Reaction score
Out running some errands...

0617083.jpg

Shades of Greige
jacket
Fred Perry shirt
APC rescue
Tanner belt
Clarks desert boots
Porter bag

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
deadhorse-a.gif

Thanks for the new insight into the discussion. For the record, justin seems like one of the least pretentious guys who wears a ton of raf/jil. Also, the guy has a lot of other more normal looking clothes if you remember his old waywts. Plus, dude looks really really normal in non-waywt pics, even when wearing goofy (but fun) raf/jil items. cbsguy- that looks really short/weird. NDG right? Those seem like they fit weird from other pics i've seen. Really really short. Combined with the long untucked shirt it just doesn't look right.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow those Rescues look great on you, how many did you size down?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Unko: Did you get that FP shirt at Scott Kuhlman's store?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******, SoCal you have my permission to wear whatever you like. I wouldn't wear most of it, but I appreciate that you post what you do wear.

Other bitches, start another thread to whine about SoCal's fits. You are taking up time in my otherwise productive day

There, settled. Now back to our regularly scheduled fits please.

K

unko

Reaction score
Lel: thanks! I sized down 3 to a 29. They've stretched nicely, i'm quite pleased with them.
Hossoso: yes, i did get the Fred Perry shirt @ Kuhlman during the sale this weekend, along with a few other things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads