• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flensing Knife
So, this my first post here. That doesn't invalidate what I have to say.

SoCal2NYC, you're a rich boy buying super-expensive clothing with your daddy's money (as you've admitted on SZ). Some might say that has nothing to do with anything, but I say it very much does. It means you're trying to punch well above your real weight class and there's a vibe that comes with that.

You haven't 'earned' your clothes in any sense, financial, experiential, nothing. You go into a store, buy ultra high end names and then throw them on.

You consistently look bad in your clothing. You emanate nothing in them, just soul deadening, end-of-time, dying empire elite showiness. You've got no wit, no depth, no texture, no inherent eye, no talent.

You're like some bratty son of a director given the camera on the basis of your father's name, making a flat, joyless, inept **** sandwich of a film.

So, some positive advice: stop ******* buying ****. Just ******* stop. Sell 75% of the **** in your closet and start experimenting with earth-bound ****.

Read a goddamn book about history. Read a 19th century novel, preferably Lost Illusions by Balzac or The Red and the Black by Stendhal, both thematically very similar.

Do these things, immediately, and don't post here or SZ or anywhere else til you've done them.

You have way too much time on your hands to attack someone on the internet.

Q.Q more.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling Flensing Knife used to be supported by his rich parents and his life style was taken away all of the sudden.

Anyway, I have nothing against socal being loaded. In fact, I think he is a pretty hard worker compared to many rich kids and he is doing pretty well in his line of work apparently. However, I still do not agree with most his purchases or this jacket...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

I just did read A Hero of Our Time.

Probably just as well. I found The Red And The Black boring.

trentk

Reaction score
6_16_08.jpg

Shirt Canterbury Of New Zealand rugby shirt
Pants Well Worn Levi's (I think 511) Cords
Shoes Tretorn
Watch Bulova

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by codename
100_0716.jpg

BR
What Comes Around
AE

This would be nice, but those visible anklets are wack. Get some liners, or go barefoot with some insoles, but don't keep doing this.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skull2
thanks, i would but i'd need more space in order to do that, here's something else:

fit2cropmg4.jpg

i wish the shoes were more beat

I'd go with dark boots instead of the white sneaks, but I dig that cardigan. What brand?

codename

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
This would be nice, but those visible anklets are wack. Get some liners, or go barefoot with some insoles, but don't keep doing this.

Thanks for the tip on the liners.

trentk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
Looks like a scene from a horror movie, the dead body strung up against those bizarre draperies.
I jumped right as the pic was taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads