• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I think a critical element is where you're wearing it. I can see any of those looks working anytime, anyday in Manhattan. It's just how life lies here. But Chrono, I can't see you rocking any of that **** in Gainesville. Not only would it be lost on its audience, but part of the beauty of wonderful styling is not drawing attention to yourself, but rather, in some context, self-defininition. And I think environment and setting plays a very important role in that. Our style doesn't live in its own world; we share it with everyone we interact with.
Obviously. It's one of the reasons you don't often see me in stuff like that. Most of my stuff can still fly living in a southern college town. I have a few nicer outfits, some nice fitting simple outfits, and a few more stylish takes on typical college fits. I definitely agree that my living situation hinders me stylistically. It's definitely not one of those "wear what you want and **** the rest" kinda things because my personality is more understated than that. Depending on little twists, i can fashion up or down a few outfits for the scene. Doesn't stop me from lusting after some of those things though. Especially, with the oki-ni discount. That raf is just a stone's throw away from me and i'm trying to fight it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Do not buy from oki-ni, ever.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why?
just made a return andf wondering what to expect.

Originally Posted by jet
Do not buy from oki-ni, ever.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You better pray to god you don't get a customs bill.

**** oki-ni.

calbee

Reaction score
Just bought a prototype Levi's orange tab 646 in a toddler size for my soon to be born son... Can't wait to buy him some 501 STF in selvage so we can do some STF father son STFing' action next summer.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
There are tons of the clear jacket because nobody understands them. Great on the runway and photo ads and in real life.

Why must I constantly correct you?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They finally came.

alden001.jpg

alden004.jpg

oneblood

Reaction score
If that clear jacket was sold at a Target, using cheaper materials, you would mock it. Label whoring fascinates me.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably true, but it actually didn't look as bad as I thought it would...

Anyway, let's all take a moment to savor the beauty of those Aldens.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneblood
If that clear jacket was sold at a Target, using cheaper materials, you would mock it. Label whoring fascinates me.

Well I have only been to Target once and that was forced by a school project. It would be an interesting world if Jil Sander was sold as target (one in which I would have taken my life). As for cheaper materials I am pretty sure poly is poly in the case of this piece, some of the other fabrics Jil and Raf have used are more "techy" and border innovation.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have seen clear plastic ponchos, raingear and the like for sale in Chinese market stalls. Some of the colors are not unlike that blue one you own. If I recall, they even had such esoteric tones as amethyst and pink.

All for what amounts to $1.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
There are great pink and orange sherbet ones from Dries van Noten this past S/S that Hali and I took a liking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads