• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Jil Sander transparent s/s jacket and sky blue tshirt
Dior Homme wool trousers
Church's black Wesely loafers
seethru.jpg

Do you work at a butcher shop?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Augusto,

How are you liking your RMW boots? Which model did you get?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Listen, we all have had bad facial hair. Once you notice that you have an accessory built into your face, it's tempting to just let it grow and see what happens, and easy to convince yourself, once the hairs conspire to form some sort of pattern, to keep it. Trim it, even. Tend it.

Some people will like your face fur, and compliment you on it. Girls will do this, and they are not lying. But they are delusional. I look back on pictures of myself at 19, 20, when I struggled to connect my thin sideburns with my chia-ish chin, and I don't laugh, I cry. I didn't look rugged, or older, or badass. I looked like a big uncle kracker fan, or a career minor league baseball player. I have a near overwhelming urge to reach back though the years and punch myself in the face.

A little stubble can work; a full beard can work. And as in anything else, there are trends in facial hair, so this advice may be moot someday. But for now, I urge you, trim that ****.

Nothing personal, augusto.

This is not a fit. Yet, it is the coolest thing on this thread. Delivers!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
You should have. Don't think that works at all, and it just comes off as a classic "trying too hard" look, mostly because the weather is hot, he's wearing sandals to cool down his feet, but for some reason decided to put on a necktie. Reminds me of that character Farraday on LOST, the scientist guy who is always running around the island in his tie. The short sleeves w/tie doesnt bother me so much as the sandals with tie

I actually like Farraday's gettup. I've been looking for a shirt in that color.

Thought I'd try something different. Short sleeve with a tie used to be quite common no? The tie fabric is not silk, it is cotton and it looked much better after I slimmed it down to 2". The pattern on the tie looks vintage and the shirt is vintage.

Are you against short sleeves with tie in general?

I will probably do it some more as the weather gets hotter as I try to go to my engineering roots and go for something nerdy but classic.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Do you work at a butcher shop?
Don't mock, So-Cal knows what's up! it will be rather functional for the annual Fire Island Bukakee festival.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Don't mock, So-Cal knows what's up! it will be rather functional for the annual Fire Island Bukakee festival.
crackup[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Are you against short sleeves with tie in general?

naw, it's the tie + sandals that I think is whacked.
confused.gif

like wearing a fur coat with swim trunks, or something like that

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short sleeves + tie + sandals??

It sounds so horrific I'm afraid to go back and look for it...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He knows what's up because he owns more designer clothing than anyone on this forum.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

Only once at the Affinia across from MSG and I was one of 20 bukakers and not the bukakee.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Only once at the Affinia across from MSG and I was one of 20 bukakers and not the bukakee.

are you kidding or are you actually serious?

because part of me thinks youre not kidding..either way thats kinda funny but disgusting at the same time

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
edited becuase i'm a lady and don't kiss and tell

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop being such a prude Ghulkan. Who HASN'T been part of a bukkake festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads