• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Please use
report.gif
to the left of a post to report spam.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Spam

Jon.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
chrisneils seems he's just adding useless stuff to threads to hawk his site.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin

I was about to post the same thing. Dude's like jv17 with an agenda...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yah, just had a look, he has banged out like 10 posts in 15 minutes, in fairness to him, all on topic and none flagrantly shilling, but he does have a very extensive commercial signature, so your concerns are well founded. I'll bring it up with Top Management
smile.gif
Thanks for pointing it out.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I think this bit from his website's FAQ is pretty funny: "Are your shoes authentic? Yes! Everything here at Kar**msK*cks.com comes with a 100% money-back authenticity guarantee. Please understand that our shoes are shipped directly from third party warehouses. We make every attempt to only work with accredited and licensed warehouses, however if in case you think the shoes you received may not be authentic, we simply ask that you return them to us for a full refund." So, it's like "yeah, our shoes are authentic, but if they aren't, just send them back to us."
eh.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't styleforum have a +/- rep function?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Why doesn't styleforum have a +/- rep function?

Is this something that can easily be done with the forum software? It could be very useful. I get a lot of buy requests from relatively new members, or members with low post counts. And there are others with low post counts to whom I've sold many things and would like to give them a +

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Is this something that can easily be done with the forum software? It could be very useful. I get a lot of buy requests from relatively new members, or members with low post counts. And there are others with low post counts to whom I've sold many things and would like to give them a +
Yes, the software does it but none of the mods have thought it would be a great idea because it leads to stupid popularity contests.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
yah, just had a look, he has banged out like 10 posts in 15 minutes, in fairness to him, all on topic and none flagrantly shilling, but he does have a very extensive commercial signature, so your concerns are well founded.

I'll bring it up with Top Management
smile.gif

Thanks for pointing it out.

Er... I did nothing because I tend to be conservative that way, but j. may have deep-sixed him. I haven't checked.

Originally Posted by j
Yes, the software does it but none of the mods have thought it would be a great idea because it leads to stupid popularity contests.

Unfortunately, while I've seen rep systems work under some circumstances, more often than not, I've seen guys being goaded on to be extra disckheaded by e-peen plussage.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Unfortunately, while I've seen rep systems work under some circumstances, more often than not, I've seen guys being goaded on to be extra disckheaded by e-peen plussage.

Originally Posted by j

But, that wouldn't happen here.
smile.gif

eidolon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It could work if it was entirely relegated to B&S, and the numbers didn't show outside of that subforum. I know what you mean though, I have never seen these reputation systems work well on any forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads