• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wide leather belts

dutchguy

Reaction score
I just bought this wide leather belt. Copy of a german army officer belt. 2 3/8" (6cm) wide and very smooth thick leather. Even wider than a cop belt.
Fits well in my G-Star jeans which has very wide belt loops. What do you think, Ok to wear with jeans?
Anybody else who wears very wide belts with jeans?

belt2ft2.jpg

riem1vj6.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
All you need now is a peg leg and a hook for a hand.

dutchguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
All you need now is a peg leg and a hook for a hand.

Please explain, what do you mean with this?

And seriously: how should I wear this belt. What type of shirt would fit with jeans and this belt?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cant totally tell from the limited pic, but it seems like those are pretty high waisted jeans and maybe a bit roomy. Dont think I am into the look

(He was calling you a pirate. Yaaaaaaaaaaaar matey)

K

Scoundrel

Reaction score
From my experience, thick belts are tough to come by. Young women seem to have a monopoly on them. Mine is grosgrain in cordovan and 2 inches.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense but I think that belt looks ridiculous.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like wide belts, but not this one. 1 3/4 wide is good, 2" wide can also be nice, but your belt is too much, and its costumishness (Jet's pirate call out) is compounded by, as VKK says, the high rise of the jean (or, at least, the height at which you wear them).

And it doesn't help that the buckle (like an ALD buckle, the only feature of this belt I dislike) unecessarily adds to the width. So, in fact, it looks more like a 3" wide belt and probably why the back looks better than the front.

If you want to tame it down a bit, LGC can custom make you a belt anywhere between 1 3/4" width and the width you've got now, provided you've got your own buckle.

dutchguy

Reaction score
Well, below are some better pictures how I wear my belt. Jeans are regular fit jeans.

I have been looking forever to find a nice looking wide belt. I used to wear a cop belt, but wanted something a bit more casual. I have to admit that I really like very wide belts an do not really want to go back to anything smaller than a cop belt. I also like two prong buckles.

However in a working environment, dealing with clients, appropriate attire is also important. Casual is our style though.

widebelt4pu2.jpg

widebelt1qe2.jpg

selbsttatig

Reaction score
That really doesn't look good. As others have said it look costume-ish and out of place.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, it looks kinda awful that belt is just too wide...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
to be sincere and honest with you, that belt does not look good on you with that outfit. i dont think it will work with any outfit.

not only does it not look good, it is conspicuous and all eyes notice that first thing when they go up to talk to/see you. it would be ok if it was something visually stimulating or looks good, but it is not the case here.

Lachy

Reaction score
I think it's an OK belt, but I don't think he's wearing it the best way. It's too much to be on display like that, with a tucked in shirt. If it were partially hidden by an untucked t-shirt/shirt, or a sweater, you'd get the hint of it, it'd be subtle, but noticeable. As dutchguy is wearing it, it's the focus, it draws alot of attention, and he doesn't look like the attention-whore kind.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
to be sincere and honest with you, that belt does not look good on you with that outfit. i dont think it will work with any outfit.

santa.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics