• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Musselma

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some skull S5010xx 6x6 one-wash and i'm wondering how much will they stretch? I bought my nudies (AJDH and SSDS) in a 30 and they both fit great, but the waist has stretched out to more like a 32.5 over time since i stopped being such a toothpick. How much can I expect the skulls to stretch and what size would you guys suggest that I get? I was thinking a 31 or 32 but I wanted opinions from more knowledgeable/experienced posters.

Clench Million

Reaction score
Stupid Uniqlo question. I recently got a cheap pair of uniqlos from someone... ubt most of the tags are in japanese and I can't figure out what model they are or what the deal is. I'm just curious. They say "premium denim" on the inside back tag. The back pocket patch is pure red with no lettering or numbering on it. There is a sticker on the front that says "DARK DENIM" Anyone know the deal?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Weird. My S-002 (Regular Fit Selvedge) has "S-002" printed on the back red leather patch.

Is the denim selvedge?

In any case, post actual measurements, we should be able to tell whether it's 000 (skinny fit), 001 (slim/original fit) or 002.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone's sent their jeans to Denim Doctors to have them tapered and chainstitched. Poly said it what something like $26 and I'm wondering if it'd be the same or if they'll even do it.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took my S5000BK to denim doctors for a taper, was a bit more than that because I had them do a little more than just from the knee down. My Warehouse 660 are there right now for crotch repairs.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by selbsttatig
Just curious if anyone's sent their jeans to Denim Doctors to have them tapered and chainstitched. Poly said it what something like $26 and I'm wondering if it'd be the same or if they'll even do it.

I think Braidkid had them do that to his Eternals. PM him.

oliver828

Reaction score
I'm interested in a pair of Nudie jeans, but I am unsure of which model to choose. I have seen a few pictures of guys wearing nudies, and they have a strange fit that makes them seem like they have no ass. I think this is due to lower pockets than your normal pair of jeans. Anyways, it is a look that I certainly want to avoid. I like my jeans "fitted" and straight leg but not skinny. I am five feet eleven inches and 175 pounds. Please reccomend a pair for me.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oliver828
I'm interested in a pair of Nudie jeans, but I am unsure of which model to choose. I have seen a few pictures of guys wearing nudies, and they have a strange fit that makes them seem like they have no ass. I think this is due to lower pockets than your normal pair of jeans. Anyways, it is a look that I certainly want to avoid. I like my jeans "fitted" and straight leg but not skinny. I am five feet eleven inches and 175 pounds. Please reccomend a pair for me.
Straight Sven.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i guess this is more of a clothing care question than an actual denim question:

i once did a load of laundry and tumble dry a batch of my jeans (washed jeans, not raw) that came out smellin like rotten fish.

i had no idea why they came out that way..i tried washing them and still they have a slight stench..

found out in one of the pockets came out several eroded gelcaps of Omega-3 ***** acid from work that i forgot to take out of my pockets and that was the source of the foul stank

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads