• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Playing bocce ball with Team BSP...

bocce_02.jpg

-Mykita
-Visvim
-Sapporo
-SC Hand Loomed
-Visvim

trentk

Reaction score
Kiya, I'm not a fan of the shoes, but I've always liked the look of a white striped shirt w/ jeans.

I might get around to posting my first WAYWT pic tomorrow.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Then who are you referring to, specifically? Jason is Get Smart aka Resident AzN aka TaT Pusher.

How do we get "Resident AzN" status around here?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post a lot of WAYW pics and have been a member for numerous years.

Also, be openly mocked for your AzNess.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
It was a PR firm - I dunno, I thought that in a field like PR/Advertising/Marketing people tend to be a little flashier. I've done my other interviews in a black pinstripe with black shoes...but given the board's hostility towards black, this was the one I posted.

Maybe I will lose the square. Sad that something completely appropriate is looked down on for formal business attire.

hmmmm... If I was you, I think i'd be more worried about both my head and facial hair configurations before I became to obsessed with the pocket square. At least until you land a job and a certain level of performance can be established.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
In grad school I learned that an employer is less likely to give a job to an overdressed person than an underdressed one. One who looks to chic and affluent will get less sympathy than a person who has an older, conservative, less fashionable suit. The poorly dressed fellow - as long as an effort is perceived - will get pity votes and the nicely dressed interviewee will intimidate and possibly illicit disdain from a more than likely less fashion-minded interviewer(s). Unless of course the job is related to fashion. Just something to ponder...
IMO, not a question of "over" vs. "under" dressed, more a question of over-polished vs. under-polished. You can tell by the way someone dresses for an interview whether they are trying to impress, or trying to show off.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
IMO, not a question of "over" vs. "under" dressed, more a question of over-polished vs. under-polished. You can tell by the way someone dresses for an interview whether they are trying to impress, or trying to show off.

Yeah exactly my sentiments. The tie-shirt-slacks-coat is enough for most interviewers. They will note if the suit is clean, pressed and no too loud. When you start throwing in pocket squares, hats, scarfs, vests, jewelry, ascots, ect. then you cross into the realm of haughtiness, which can intimidate and offend many people.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Nice, but finally a little color... its halfway refreshing.

jpgm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
nice fit jpgm...
just wondering, do you consciously choose to use a lack of colour? or is it simply the pieces that have been to your liking are mainly black?

andi i think he is also in perth australia, heh. Not often it gets cold enough for that sort of thing but it has been pretty rainy and miserable here lately.

Originally Posted by Mushroom77
Yeah, it's been pretty wet down in Australia recently (IIRC, we got the more rain on the first day of June than we did for the entirity of May - what's with that?), which suits me, now the black can come out again.

And jpgm, do you get most of your stuff from the net, or are there Australian stockists for this gear?

yep, im down under.

i wouldnt say i consciously choose to use a lack of colour....i have quite a bit of colour in my wardrobe, but it just so happens that a lot of my winter pieces are darker, and lend themselves better to a monochrome look.

mushroom - a bit of both...i very rarely go shopping here in perth, and if i do its usually for basics. most of the pieces ive bought in the last few years have either been purchased online or when ive been travelling.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
Yeah exactly my sentiments. The tie-shirt-slacks-coat is enough for most interviewers. They will note if the suit is clean, pressed and no too loud. When you start throwing in pocket squares, hats, scarfs, vests, jewelry, ascots, ect. then you cross into the realm of haughtiness, which can intimidate and offend many people.

+1. And the worst part is, after they ding you, you will never be forgotten. As in, "hey rememember that guy who came in with the pocket square, yoik, yoik."

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
It was a PR firm - I dunno, I thought that in a field like PR/Advertising/Marketing people tend to be a little flashier. I've done my other interviews in a black pinstripe with black shoes...but given the board's hostility towards black, this was the one I posted.

Maybe I will lose the square. Sad that something completely appropriate is looked down on for formal business attire.

- FWIW I have worked in the finance industry as a senior relationship banker for the top 10 Tier 1 MNC, we were all very well dressed, PS, brown shoe & all!
- I currently hold the same position, but for a global professional services firm (very conservative), & I still wear PS & brown shoes..
- have a look at my WAYT posts in the grown up section
- in the end, it is up to how the individual conducts them selves & whether they have the gravitas

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Funny...that's how I feel about Omega!
- I love how you don't hold back!

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
+1. And the worst part is, after they ding you, you will never be forgotten. As in, "hey rememember that guy who came in with the pocket square, yoik, yoik."

People still have to remember that the older generation remain in positions of authority to hire. It strokes their ego to hire people that remind them of themselves. People on this board should know: Fashion is something appreciated and subscribed to by very few people of this generation, let alone the older one.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Shhh.... People will start to figure out how i came up with this screen name in 5th grade

Can't be any nerdier than a Golbez avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads