• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Jil Sander ivory jacket
Michael Bastian washed white shirt
Emporio Armani blue/white linen pants
Jil Sander brown leather slipper mocs
hothotheat.jpg

I'm a big fan of this one. It seems chic without being over-the-top. This is how designer clothing should look.

I would have been hesitant about a white jacket over a white shirt but you were def. rocking it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The shirt is more bleachy bright white and the jacket is a bit ivory/egshell so there is some contrast on it.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Sweltering to death on the Common shortly after an interview
ClothingShots265.jpg

Aquascutum blue pinstripe
Jantzen herringbone FC
Gianfranco Ferre forest green paisley tie
Square f/Drinkwater's
Loake chelseas
Korchmar bag

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Sweltering to death on the Common shortly after an interview
Aquascutum blue pinstripe
Jantzen herringbone FC
Gianfranco Ferre forest green paisley tie
Square f/Drinkwater's
Loake chelseas
Korchmar bag

In grad school I learned that an employer is less likely to give a job to an overdressed person than an underdressed one. One who looks to chic and affluent will get less sympathy than a person who has an older, conservative, less fashionable suit. The poorly dressed fellow - as long as an effort is perceived - will get pity votes and the nicely dressed interviewee will intimidate and possibly illicit disdain from a more than likely less fashion-minded interviewer(s). Unless of course the job is related to fashion. Just something to ponder...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Not to mention there is wayyyy too much cuff going on there, and I think the pocket square is sticking out rather high.

Hope the interview went well though. Did it sound like a job you'd like?

Augusto86

Reaction score
The pocket square just got jolted out of place - shouldn't have been so high. I think the shirt sleeves are a little long, yeah. I'd been carrying the jacket over my shoulder just before so it wasn't really in place.

I don't know that I would agree dressing down for an interview is a good idea...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'd look at his cuff and pocketsquare and would give him "pitty points" as an interviewee.

oneblood

Reaction score
So that's why I lost that job to that homeless man, I knew it!

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'd look at his cuff and pocketsquare and would give him "pitty points" as an interviewee.

Strong words from a man who buys pants that show off his cankles and wears sleeveless dresses!!!
fight[1].gif

But I probably should get the cuffs taken in 5.-.75 inches. I'm always messing about with the measurements of my Jantzens and I think I went too far...

Chris.

Reaction score
2qxucev.jpg

gap cardigan
rick owens tee
rick owens shorts
gap fair isle socks
carpe diem boots

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2563110041_6c18cff7b9_b.jpg

trench: wrath arcane
shirt: thrift find ralph lauren
jeans: KMW rockers
shoes: tretorn

seamless74

Reaction score
i disagree eason... matter of fact i think we always disagree.. i would think logically the whole point of a deep v neck is to show off certain attributes the main one being your chest and its particular formation.. to wear one with no chest unless your goin for the adrogenous heroin chic look doesnt make sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads