• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mink31
So what happened to the shoe slasher thread??
Aww...
frown.gif
http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=67938 RIP

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bweep, bweep, bweep. Nuts, just when it was starting to get interesting.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted. Did something specific happen, or was it just the general out-of-handness of the last few pages?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a $365 check was faxed to SirSutures, which would justify the case being closed and thread squirreled

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You knew it was going to happen. Both OP and brandonc have contacted me and it actually sounds very much to me like they are both sane and something inexplicable happened. (I'd like to see the video, though). I know who brandonc is and he does have a point about having this thread show up on Google with his name in it, threats (even joking) about going by his house etc., and the implication that he did something psycho to some shoes to avoid paying for them. Whether or not he has a legal case against anyone, I don't really want to go to a court to find out, do I?

If it needs to come back out later for some reason, of course we have it on record.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can we have a bad sellers-bad buyers thread in the buying and selling forum?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I totally understand and support the decision, J. only now I fear we'll never learn The Truth. Of course, that was unlikely anyway. I'm going to resist the mighty temptation to list all the inconsistencies on both sides... must... resist... There. I'm better now. Carry on.

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I totally understand and support the decision, J. only now I fear we'll never learn The Truth. Of course, that was unlikely anyway. I'm going to resist the mighty temptation to list all the inconsistencies on both sides... must... resist... There. I'm better now. Carry on.

Doooooo iiiiiiiiit...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Can we have a bad sellers-bad buyers thread in the buying and selling forum?

+1.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, I missed the last bits of it. Did brandonc every post anything in it?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Damn, I missed the last bits of it. Did brandonc every post anything in it?

No, but someone created a troll account for Brandon's "lawyer." Absurdity ensued.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it matters for anyone about when the gash occured, I don't believe it occured randomly during transport back to the seller. The seller contacted me by PM over a month ago, saying that he'd read on another thread that I was an attorney and wanted legal advice. He said in that PM that the buyer mentioned a half inch gash on one of the shoes. I have no idea what this means, other than the seller was aware of the slashed shoes over one month ago and before they were shipped back to him.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I loved the shoulders on mafoofan's Rubinacci jacket but did find the waist a bit too supressed and it accentuated his head size.

Looked like he has a nice "rack" too.

the truth

Reaction score
You can't handle The Truth!
img_fewgoodmen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads