• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm getting fat.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I've begun a diet. Cutting out soda, cookies, cakes, etc. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast, salad at least once a day, peanut butter at least once a day, chicken/lean red meat for dinner, etc. Trying also to cut down on breads and wheat.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why his gut is so disgusting. The camera framing isn't doing any favors but it really isn't that bad yet.

Here is how I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks. Cut out all sugar / high fructose corn syrup / alcohol / overly processed foods / and high carbs (aka potatoes!).

Yogurt is great cuz it has probiotics in it if you get the natural stuff. Read the labels, you'll see things like Yoplait have high fructose corn syrup.

Also, get a colonic to scrape some of that sludge from your colon walls.

Eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism up and don't eat more than will fit in your hand at once.

The pounds will melt off without having to really exercise, though doing some exercise will certainly help as well.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thinman: "lefty, please post your paraphrasal in Connemara's thread at the top of this subforum."

Per his request...

To paraphrase Hardy Amies, "If you are vain enough to read a forum about men's clothing, surely you can be vain enough to want to make yourself less fat."

lefty

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
To paraphrase Hardy Amies, "If you are vain enough to read a forum about men's clothing, surely you can be vain enough to want to make yourself less fat."

lefty

To paraphrase Thomas Carlyle: "A person with half volition goes backwards and forwards, but makes no progress on even the smoothest of roads".

In perspective, "half volition" might still be too much to describe Conne.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Conne - take up boxing. Get rid of the gut, and a few good shots to the jaw will do you a world of good.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I don't see why his gut is so disgusting. The camera framing isn't doing any favors but it really isn't that bad yet. Here is how I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks. Cut out all sugar / high fructose corn syrup / alcohol / overly processed foods / and high carbs (aka potatoes!). Yogurt is great cuz it has probiotics in it if you get the natural stuff. Read the labels, you'll see things like Yoplait have high fructose corn syrup. Also, get a colonic to scrape some of that sludge from your colon walls. Eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism up and don't eat more than will fit in your hand at once. The pounds will melt off without having to really exercise, though doing some exercise will certainly help as well.
****. I just bought 5 of the Yoplait fat free yogurt cups
frown.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
****. I just bought 5 of the Yoplait fat free yogurt cups
frown.gif

Fat free anything is usually a joke. They just load it up with other things that are bad for you to make it still taste alright. Get some all natural yogurt that has acidophilus and I forget what else listed in the ingredients.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
gotta love that Michael Moore stunt of seeing how much weight he could lose by avoiding anything that said 'fat free' on it.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rxcats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Fat free anything is usually a joke. They just load it up with other things that are bad for you to make it still taste alright.

Get some all natural yogurt that has acidophilus and I forget what else listed in the ingredients.

Fat free goes hand-in-hand with high carbs! Without the fat, you also tend to eat more. I am not suggesting that it is a good idea to eat 8 ounces of whole milk yogurt; I would just rather have a tablespoonful or two whole milk yogurt on fresh fruit than eat a bunch of the fat free stuff. The absolute best yogurt in the world (commercially prepared yogurt anyway) is Fage (pronounced fa-yeh); it is imported from Greece. You can get it at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. It costs around $4.00-$5.00 for 500 grams (17.6 ounces).

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better yet, make your own yogurt. I mix a large spoon's worth into my protein shakes.

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Progress has been minimal. I've cut way back on booze and am seriously contemplating a wheat-free diet. Apparently it's great for physical and mental health.

The Connebody:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

img00085md8.jpg

The good news(?) is, your physique is not that atypical for young folks these days. The bad news(?) is, dieting alone is not going to solve your problem. You have no muscle mass in your chest, back and shoulders. My suspicion is, even at your young age, your body fat percentage is pushing 20%, or higher (it should be around 12% to 14%, or even lower...you are a guy, not a gal!). You have to put some time in at a gym, focusing on resistance/weight training, and the sooner, the better. As you age, it only gets tougher to stave off the inevitable. When I was your age, I had a 27" or 28" waist and a 38" in chest. When I graduated from college I had a 30" waist and a 45" chest. I have purposely engaged in a fairly rigorous exercise regimen all my life and today, at 58 years old, I still have the 45" to 46" chest but, my waist has increased to 36" and I'm struggling mightily to keep it from becoming 37". The realities of aging will catch up to you and, if you don't do something now, please don't post a follow up picture then! Seriously, it was not my intent to insult, but rather to motivate with some reality! FWIW,
cheers.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
should i time him out for quoting this pic again? I'm drunk now and it hurts my eyes even more when Ive been drinking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads