• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

tonup277

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
T&A sales 6/2 - 6/14/08.

Shirts $120
Ties $60
Suits $1200
C&J Benchgrade $275 & $375
C&J Handgrade $425 & $450 for hand-sewn apron models.

I was told there will be more stuffs coming in.

ooh, have any idea which CJ benchgrade models are being offered at $275?
wonder if i can score a pair of the double monks for that price.

james48

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonup277
ooh, have any idea which CJ benchgrade models are being offered at $275?
wonder if i can score a pair of the double monks for that price.

hope your not my size, i'll be there later looking for the same thing

tonup277

Reaction score
just called...limited models on sale.
double monks definitely not available.
they have a pair of malvern, but in D width.
didn't ask about any other models.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they better not have any double monks on sale. I just payed $400 for mine.

stamp0102

Reaction score
Not sure if the T&A sale is still active, but I was in the shop on Thursday June 5th. There were about 200 shirts for each neck size (15, 15.5, 16, 16.5, and 17). Mostly "strange" gradient type patterns. A few "check" and gingham patterned shirts. Almost bought a few but wasn't happy with the fit. So the thought of spending $120 for a shirt that didn't fit and spending another ~$20 for tailoring wasn't appealing. As for ties, there were maybe 400-500 or so. Some crazy patterns but some very, very nice ones. All were marked $60 a piece. Didn't look at trousers or sweaters. There were various coats for sale ($500 to about $1000). Nothing in my size of course. Some nice suits. Lots of heavyweight wools. $1200 each, but some were offered to me for $650. Not sure why though. Asked about pocket squares and a nice english fellow mentioned that they didn't yet have any for sale, but they were expecting a shipment of such in the next couple of days.

I had the best luck with the C&J boutique on the 4th floor. The selection was a bit sparce, but I was lucky to find the exact type of shoe I was there for; black calf single monk (mortimer). I really went there to get an idea of my size on different lasts and was lucky that they had this shoe in 9, 9.5, and 10. 10 fit like a glove and went home with me for $375 (orig. $725 - handgrade model). As far as the rest of the selection, there were about 20-30 models on sale, but select sizes and colors only. Most of the shoes are discontinued models from what I was told. I would definitely recommend checking out the sale. This will be an annual event for me.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any word on if it is still going on ... i would definately check out the C&J selection

coachvu

Reaction score
I believe the T&A sale ends June 14. Those tie prices are more than twice what they were two years ago.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
I believe the T&A sale ends June 14. Those tie prices are more than twice what they were two years ago.

Do they do any further markdowns? I think that a certain Quality Seller got a great deal on some sportcoats last year...

devil.gif

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Do they do any further markdowns? I think that a certain Quality Seller got a great deal on some sportcoats last year...

devil.gif

In the past, they've done further markdowns on ties near the end of the sale, but I'm not sure about other items.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
In the past, they've done further markdowns on ties near the end of the sale, but I'm not sure about other items.

I was in yesterday and they've extended the sale to next week.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BG sale officially started today...it seems as though this is the end of Corthay at BG
frown.gif

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Any beter prices, or same as above?

Yesterday the prices were the same and they didn't mention any price drops.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads