• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boiled peanut business

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank
While I know many of the names suggested here are not serious I have been considering Penn's Boiled Peanuts if I decide on opening the stand in Philadelphia. I do not like the use of the word nut without the corresponding name as it doesn't sound appropriate under certain circumstances.

Killjoy!
plain.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fine i have a slogan...hear me out....
Joseph K bank.....i boil my nuts...and you pay me to put them in your mouth.
what is wrong with that, its everything you want right?

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
fine i have a slogan...hear me out....
Joseph K bank.....i boil my nuts...and you pay me to put them in your mouth.
what is wrong with that, its everything you want right?

I feel that your slogan simplifies the product. The peanuts are not simple boiled as they are seasoned during their preparation which included boiling. Maybe it would be better if I introduced them to the Northeast as stewed peanuts so to avoid similar assumptions by potential customers.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that your slogan simplifies the product. The peanuts are not simple boiled as they are seasoned during their preparation which included boiling. Maybe it would be better if I introduced them to the Northeast as stewed peanuts so to avoid similar assumptions by potential customers.

Nut Stew
"Nuts to you"

How's that slogan?

lpresq

Reaction score
Mr. Bank has failed to provide any further information or updates regarding this wacky peanut operation. For ex., with the initial start-up costs such as a peanut cart??, apparently uniforms, overhead, and insurance for those ghastly sickened by the boiled concoction, how many nuts would need to be sold to turn a profit?

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
I was at Five Guys Hamburgers and Fries on Chestnut St. yesterday and noticed that they have a sign asking patrons not to remove the peanuts (which they provide for free) from the premises due to people who might have allergies.

WTF! this is so La'Merican

do they think people are going to take free peanuts, put them into a large vaporizer they have waiting outside and take out several hundred weight of peanut intolerent humans.

You guys have way to many Lawyers.

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Mr. Bank has failed to provide any further information or updates regarding this wacky peanut operation. For ex., with the initial start-up costs such as a peanut cart??, apparently uniforms, overhead, and insurance for those ghastly sickened by the boiled concoction, how many nuts would need to be sold to turn a profit?
Dma,n son you wantto STEAL MY IDEA?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up fully with this thread, but if it has done anything, it made me really want to experience boiled peanuts for the first time. Never had 'em, but this thread's inspired me to make some for myself.

lpresq

Reaction score
Dma,n son you wantto STEAL MY IDEA?

No, quite frankly I think it is a horrible business venture/misadventure. How many boiled peanut stands do you see in the South, where many consider it a tasty treat? Seriously, the only place one can find these tasty morsals is in a gas station. Nevetheless, I find myself oddly amused by your wacky adventure/misadventure in the boiled peanut business. This thread is fantastic!

deputamadre

Reaction score
Are the peanuts served in the shell or out? My major problem with boiled peanuts is the peanut juice/water exploding out of the shell when opening them.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Slogan: Nut jobs

if nothing else its short and catchy

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Although I am currently employed and am grateful to have a job in this economy I still often think if not dream about starting a boiled peanut business. Does anyone who is familiar with the economic stimulus package know if I could be eligible for some type of grant? Although I only intend on beginning with one cart I know that many other people in our country are employed in the cultivation of peanuts and have suffered in this economy especially because of the e. coli outbreak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads