• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my style please!

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
that style or outfit or whatever reminds me of a car accident with multiple fatalities... youth is no excuse...

Okay, I get it. Are there any suggestions you can give that already haven't been stated? ANYTHING would help a lot.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
troll alert?

Ya think?

I like to come back here to get away from the SuFu hostility/childishness/out-of-touch-with-realityness, but I get really tired of some of you guys getting chumped by trolls on the regular.

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Ya think?

I like to come back here to get away from the SuFu hostility/childishness/out-of-touch-with-realityness, but I get really tired of some of you guys getting chumped by trolls on the regular.

If he were trolling, there's a good chance that he would've been arguing about how awesome his **** was instead of taking advice and thanking people. Otherwise, it's not very effective trolling, now is it?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
I get really tired of some of you guys getting chumped by trolls on the regular.

Then why don't you take a nap instead of posting? If he is a troll, he has a non-troll relative that already posts here (LooseChange), but I am sure you knew that. Maybe it is an entire extended family of trolls? If we get any more tall, angry asians posting WAYWT, I am taking it to Transparent Moderation.

heymanwuzup

Reaction score
i thought i could remain unregistered until i saw this post.

how old are you? If you are still under 16 17 years old, I don't recommend you going crazy clothes shopping/makeover now...You might grow a few sizes and not being able to fit into those expensive jeans/shirts that you bought!

i went to a catholic school too, in scarborough ontario in fact. It's pretty ghetto and whenever it's non-uniform day, I can see every single guy trying to look cool...

and the thing is, your style may just change as your grow older into the next "stage" in life. I was satisfied with my semi-baggy jeans shirts and super-duper cool jordans when i was back in high school, but after i got into university i switched into more....slim straight fitted kinda look (didn't know i could pull it off but i guess i could?)

anyway, these are my "suggestions." let the pros help you.

and i dont like your socks xD

LooseChange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
... short, smiling asians ...

Hahaha
laugh.gif
Is my shortness that apparent? Darn, gotta work those vertical stripes. Maybe a few more v-necks too, hahaha.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
You could probably do a lot within the dress code. Some suede bucks or desert boots, some slim incotex style trousers and a nice fitted OCBD.

This is sage advice. A surcingle or ribbon belt would also be appropriate.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
This is sage advice. A surcingle or ribbon belt would also be appropriate.

I'm not looking for school attire, it's an absolute dress code which means it's all about conformity. I usually break dress code with wearing a different jacket, that's all I can really get away with though. Will look into the belt though! Any kind of belt is allowed, as long as it's dominantly black. I'm looking for what I can wear outside of school. Thanks guys!

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heymanwuzup
i thought i could remain unregistered until i saw this post.

how old are you? If you are still under 16 17 years old, I don't recommend you going crazy clothes shopping/makeover now...You might grow a few sizes and not being able to fit into those expensive jeans/shirts that you bought!

i went to a catholic school too, in scarborough ontario in fact. It's pretty ghetto and whenever it's non-uniform day, I can see every single guy trying to look cool...

and the thing is, your style may just change as your grow older into the next "stage" in life. I was satisfied with my semi-baggy jeans shirts and super-duper cool jordans when i was back in high school, but after i got into university i switched into more....slim straight fitted kinda look (didn't know i could pull it off but i guess i could?)

anyway, these are my "suggestions." let the pros help you.

and i dont like your socks xD

Thanks for the valuable experience haha. I will be looking for new socks next time I go shopping. Im 15 at the moment and I was about to save up for those expensive jeans when I started work, I'll hold off on that for now. About the semi-baggy jeans, shirts and cool jordans, that's what I usually do now. Thanks again! Someone that knows what's going on with me hehe.

somecallmebj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sheeptoken
Thanks for the valuable experience haha. I will be looking for new socks next time I go shopping. Im 15 at the moment and I was about to save up for those expensive jeans when I started work, I'll hold off on that for now. About the semi-baggy jeans, shirts and cool jordans, that's what I usually do now. Thanks again! Someone that knows what's going on with me hehe.
I was about to give the same suggestion myself. If you really want some slim fitted jeans, there are plenty out there in the lower cost range (American Eagle, Gap, etc.). You can get an idea of how it looks on you and decide if you like it or not, and if you grow too big for them it's not a big deal. As for the socks, I agree with losing them. I'd replace them with some "no-show" black socks. Black is just less distracting for me. Don't try to force too many accessories like the bandana and the lanyard. It's unnecessary and tacky in most cases, and makes it look like you're trying too hard. Embrace simplicity. And no offense, but get a haircut. You've got this caveman look going on and it's not working for me.

tatet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somecallmebj
I was about to give the same suggestion myself. If you really want some slim fitted jeans, there are plenty out there in the lower cost range (American Eagle, Gap, etc.). You can get an idea of how it looks on you and decide if you like it or not, and if you grow too big for them it's not a big deal.

As for the socks, I agree with losing them. I'd replace them with some "no-show" black socks. Black is just less distracting for me.

Don't try to force too many accessories like the bandana and the lanyard. It's unnecessary and tacky in most cases, and makes it look like you're trying too hard. Embrace simplicity.

And no offense, but get a haircut. You've got this caveman look going on and it's not working for me.

If you want slim fitting pants in the lower cost range, don't go to gap or american eagle...get some Levi 514s or 511s. You're much better off

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
The fact that you go to a private Catholic school and your general appearance means you do not fit the "urban type look". So don't try it. Those who grew up in such areas will not accept you and those who didn't grow up in such areas tend to regret their decisions once they reach their 20's. Give it up early while you can still chalk it up to a youthful mistake.

+ 1000 No one will EVER mistake you for a gun thug so don't bother.
Plus who the hell wants to be "hard" anyway. Kick back, rock the good Catholic education
and someday you can be a real thug and work on wall street.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
+ 1000 No one will EVER mistake you for a gun thug so don't bother.
Plus who the hell wants to be "hard" anyway. Kick back, rock the good Catholic education
and someday you can be a real thug and work on wall street.

Haha I'm not going for the gun thug look. I'm always trying to prioritize education over everything else, I'm getting pretty good grades right now so it seems to be working. Wall street haha I'm going to a tech school, more like some cool lab with cool stuff in it!

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatet
If you want slim fitting pants in the lower cost range, don't go to gap or american eagle...get some Levi 514s or 511s. You're much better off

Thanks guys. I usually don't go for jeans, I usually go for the patterned shorts. It's only occasional that I do long pants.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somecallmebj
I was about to give the same suggestion myself. If you really want some slim fitted jeans, there are plenty out there in the lower cost range (American Eagle, Gap, etc.). You can get an idea of how it looks on you and decide if you like it or not, and if you grow too big for them it's not a big deal.

As for the socks, I agree with losing them. I'd replace them with some "no-show" black socks. Black is just less distracting for me.

Don't try to force too many accessories like the bandana and the lanyard. It's unnecessary and tacky in most cases, and makes it look like you're trying too hard. Embrace simplicity.

And no offense, but get a haircut. You've got this caveman look going on and it's not working for me.

Will do about the socks. I already know about the haircut and I've been thinking about that lately. It's just that I really don't know where to start. I tried spiking my hair before, only to find that my hair is MUCH too thick for that. I'll have to get some really high quality stuff to pull it off. On a separate note, if I cut my hair short, it naturally spikes up so I'm thinking about doing just that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads