• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
whnay,
The cloths seem to be heavier weights. Are these clothes you would wear year round in Atlanta?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
whnay,
The cloths seem to be heavier weights. Are these clothes you would wear year round in Atlanta?

Not a chance, I bought them for the short winter months and my biz travels (NYC, Chicago, London).

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Don't know about the differences in the guts (if any), but whnay's shoulders have more conventional open seams, whereas Matt's are nearly all shirtsleeves (or for you FNB trolls who giggle at the phrase ... SPALLA CAMICIA!).

For what it's worth, Luca Rubinacci called it 'spalla camicia' when I met him in NYC.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p1010428pn0.jpg

It's always nice to see a classic Navy sportcoat that demonstrates how a stylish cut and design make it seem modern and fresh versus dated or boring.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
cimg1449fc2.jpg

Awesome fabric. I think I've seen the swatch before but can't remember where. Details?

I'm a big giana camica fan so I tend to think everyone who's a normal weight looks better in that - I think you might like it.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Here are some pics of the sportcoats.

cimg1449fc2.jpg

Now this is what I think of when I think of Rubinacci. Very nice!

Is it just me, or do those trousers need their back shortened? I'm looking at the bagging material behind the thighs.

--Andre

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Most formal: SB three piece (and the rarer DB three piece)
Less formal: DB without vest
Less formal still: SB without vest.

Thanks Bill. That makes sense, and is a bit more nuanced.

--Andre

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Now this is what I think of when I think of Rubinacci. Very nice!

Is it just me, or do those trousers need their back shortened? I'm looking at the bagging material behind the thighs.

--Andre

I have a big ass.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew

--Andre

I don't think so, I have them with some pants and I think it has more to do with the fabric drape and standing still for a picture than any excess fabric. The pants that I own that photgraph that way I just could not take any fabric in at the thigh without looking like a sausage

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Awesome fabric. I think I've seen the swatch before but can't remember where. Details?

Porter & Harding Glenroyal

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Stages of this thread:

Past - Thoughtful, insightful
Present - Contentious, argumentative yet civil
Future - Clusterfuck

This thread is a classic clusterfuck with anything Rubinacci as the ticket to the party despite how bad it looks.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvm

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
This thread is a classic clusterfuck with anything Rubinacci as the ticket to the party despite how bad it looks.

I don't expect everyone to like it but I guess its too much to ask people not to be dickheads about it.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc

Well, it is 'The Rubinacci Thread'. If you don't want to see Rubinacci, you're more the fool for clicking on the link to begin with. Anyway, nobody here has been hostile toward critique, only toward vague and unanswerable swipes like your own.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Stages of this thread:

Past - Thoughtful, insightful
Present - Contentious, argumentative yet civil
Future - Clusterfuck

That's spot on. This description also generally applies to any thread over two pages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads