• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yow.

What DB was meant to be.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice suit. How much stylistic flexibility does Rubinacci allow? For my tastes, I'd probably want slightly narrower lapels and a shorter jacket. Perhaps slightly narrower sleeves as well. Did you talk to him about these kinds of details, or does you suit reflect the house style?

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Interesting.

Is there a third set of dollar prices if you meet them in NYC?

And what determines the geographic price structure of the final bill...the location where you are first measured? The location to which it is delivered (I'm disregarding things like VAT and duty)?

I'm asking these somewhat rhetorically, since there would be no reason for you to know exactly what the answers are.

Bill and Matt. F., since the two of you were measured in Naples, but then fitted in London and/or NYC, did you pay the Neopolitan price?

And Cantabrigian, since you were measured and fitted in NYC only, to what pricing structure was your commission pegged?

- B

I was measured for my first suit in Rome, had my first fitting there, second fitting in London, and ordered my second suit in London. I was quoted prices of 4000 Euro in Rome, 3000 pounds in London. At the time, both were the equivalent of $6000.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
That db looks perfect Bill.

You must be one of the better dressed bankers at the bank. Raising the bar.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And Cantabrigian, since you were measured and fitted in NYC only, to what pricing structure was your commission pegged?

I'm sponsored by Rubinacci.

They pay me 3000 Euro per jacket to just keep being a baller.
bigstar[1].gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to add but a
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Edit: I think the buttoning stance is fine.

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I'm sponsored by Rubinacci.

They pay me 3000 Euro per jacket to just keep being a baller.
bigstar[1].gif

Okay shot-caller, when are you gonna' post your pics?
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Elegant and tasteful Bill. Congrats!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you feel the upper arm is a tad too full, whnay.? Maybe it's just a funny angle in the pic.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, that is a really excellent suit, congrats on a perfect double breasted suit! I like the slim, fitted look of the suit-- yet it looks far from constricting. I even like the look of the keyhole-shaped buttonholes on the lapels, which I usually don't care for-- on the DB, it looks sharp.

How much shirt cuff is showing, by the way? It looks a lot like Matt shows, is it more than 1/2" ?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the fold in the middle of the chest due to your stance for the shot?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
B., obviously, that is a great suit.

Nitpicks:

1. I'm going to agree with Yachtie and be perplexed by the way the right chest drapes over the 6/4 buttoning point.

2. Since it's Italian, I presume the trousers are not cut for braces, but I would prefer no break with a Rubinacci trouser. So, hike it up or get them to sew in brace buttons if they have not.

Most importantly: I didn't know there were guys left in you neck of the woods who dressed this well. I've been to a couple events at the High Museum, and other than black tie, the styles were...unfortunate.

Threadjack warning: and does anyone down there really wear Edgar Pomeroy?

- B

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I'm going to agree with Yachtie and be perplexed by the way the right chest drapes over the 6/4 buttoning point.

- B

Is it possible that the inside button isn't done up?

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
A great DB. A minor point - you may want to consider having Rubinacci lenghthen the sleeves by 0.25 - 0.50".

No! Get the shirt sleeves shortened; they're hanging over the hand very slightly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads