• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes With Character

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some more of mine:

Vintage J&M
JM004.jpg

JM005.jpg

Vintage Florsheim:
2.jpg

Vintage Church's
Churchs009.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
Paul Stuart shell cordovan

Alden cordovan

Polo Darlton cordovan

EG for Asprey plaintoe bluchers. Tough to keep the toe shiny and not have polish crack off the vamp. I may have to strip these and start over.

Another of the same thing

Lattanzi for Asprey plaintoe bluchers. Pretty conservative eh?

EG for Asprey city boots

These bottom boots with the "supplemental" buckle are awesome - what a great example of something that is beautiful but can be worn in hard, utilitarian environments.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Nice Josef.

Any relation to Jon Seibel?

neither josef, nore seibel. hell, i really haven´t a clue, why i´ve once chosen seibel as my nick.

josef seibel is one of the big names for shoes for the masses over here in germany, "the european comfort shoe"
eh.gif
,located in the kaiserslautern area, once the heart of the german shoe industie. today, kaiserslautern is home for thousands of us military personnel at ramstein airbase.

i checked out their website, and was astonished to find out, that seibel still runs a shoe factory in germany. they are also linked to the german schoe museum.

http://josef-seibel.xsi.de/Willkomme...0000000003.htm

some shoes with character from their website......
--Ernst-Tillmann-Collection--

Roman sandal ( Solea ) 200 AD.
R%F6mer.jpg

China, a womans stilt-shoe.
168.jpg

France 1840- 1850 to scrunch chestnuts
284.jpg

Japan 18th century
247.jpg

Afghanistan circa 1920
132.jpg

Turkey 19th century
174.jpg

Kabul/ Afghanistan circa 1990
128.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These Green's have to be here.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
The Alden 911s does not appear to have much creasing at all. I don't own any Alden in calf. Is Alden calf of such high quality?
Yeah there is no normal creasing on these at all. These are a bit older, probably from the late 90s. I've definitely found that Aldens from a few years back are very high quality, I'm not sure about the current level but they are still great shoes. I also think the last helps with creasing, for me the Hampton is a little "bubble"-like, rather than a flat toe. In this case it helps reduce creasing.
Originally Posted by Bsquared
Is that the burnished tan? The look is so much more impressive than in the web pictures. How does the Hampton last fit compared to the Barrie?
The regular tan doesn't look like this, this is definitely from wear, polish and the like. Alden's regular tan (they still make this exact shoe, the 911) is remarkably plain. I don't own any Barrie but the Hampton fits very well for me, medium width feet.

mrmax

Reaction score
Some vintage Gucci. Do these look like Cordovan? I dont think they've ever seen a tree.
img8230os9.jpg
img8233bq8.jpg

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maxxed
Some vintage Gucci. Do these look like Cordovan? I dont think they've ever seen a tree.

No. Just grain corrected stuff.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score

ja, these are shoes with character. and all of the sudden, i thought, that they were staring at me.........

kermit4as9.png

kermit3qh4.png

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same ones - wore them out quickly, I'm afraid.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Wow, that's some kind of leather to have 5 years & still look that great. Lends to your taking care of them, of course
smile.gif
A better shot of my J&Ms:
JM002.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads