• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling: Good things...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
What have been waits on G&G MTO?
I am either ordering from them, Corthay or Edward Green this weekend and I am very impatient and if they tell me 5 and it is 7 I will be upset.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I feel that I want grey suede (or leather) derbies and the only pair I can find is 2 sizes too small for me.

jamaican

Reaction score
Had 3 1/2 months, 5 months and 7 months so far. If you are thinking of G&Gs email Dean Girling and ask him if he can do them in 5 months for sure. His email address is on their website.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Emailed and already heard back. Said it would be a honest quote to say 5 months.
They won't do grey leather since they haven't seen any of high enough quality for them. Grey suede they said they could find for me if I really wanted it.

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Emailed and already heard back. Said it would be a honest quote to say 5 months.
They won't do grey leather since they haven't seen any of high enough quality for them. Grey suede they said they could find for me if I really wanted it.

Sounds good. As for grey suede G&G did/ are doing a limited edition city shoe for Will of asuitablewardrobe fame incorporating a grey suede. Maybe they have some of that left...

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamaican
However, I am not sure that you are right in saying that G&G primarily use aniline leathers. They do seem to use more than EG but it seems to me that most G&G shoes incorporate crust leathers.

I believe that the antiqued finishes generally use crust leathers, while the non-antique ones use aniline or something else. FWIW, 2 of 3 of my bespoke orders from them have used crust, while the third is aniline. It seems that all the shoe makers have access to the same leathers, so I don't think there is any exclusivity in that respect.

--Andre

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I got an email from someone else there and said that they do have a charcoal grey swatch that they can send to Leffot for moi.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I got an email from someone else there and said that they do have a charcoal grey swatch that they can send to Leffot for moi.

G&G was a month late with my one order. YMMV of course. The company is still new and still working through things.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
I believe that the antiqued finishes generally use crust leathers, while the non-antique ones use aniline or something else. FWIW, 2 of 3 of my bespoke orders from them have used crust, while the third is aniline. It seems that all the shoe makers have access to the same leathers, so I don't think there is any exclusivity in that respect.

--Andre

On the question of aniline vs. crust, I was referring to the RTW offerings of G&G. My reference that G&G primarily uses aniline leathers for their RTW comes from one of their retailers. Again, there are no real advantages of one over the other, and its simply a matter of personal preference.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamaican
I also had problems with lighting in the shots... J

Try setting it next to a window or outdoors to get natural light. Also make sure you are metering the shoe and not the surrounding. If you have a tripod, that makes things even better if you have poor lighting conditions. Be sure to use the time delay function if you have one.

Please try to avoid using the flash is at all possible.

Gorgeous shoes! Wear them in good health.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crust leathers always look cheap, imo. I would never order shoes made out of crust leather.
These G&G look exactly like their RTW models . I don't like that duck-beak toebox. As far as construction is concern it's a shame that 900 dollar shoes are made with so little care for finish. Look at the welts around the instep quarters. Look at the point where heel attaches to the sole.
Sloppy.
As sloppy as C&J handgrade but for double the price.

tailorrmade

Reaction score
I would REALLY like to see both pair after being worn a few times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads