• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Happening

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Looking forward to it.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
m night's movies are all each subsequent time more disappointing than the previous, but
like george lucas and steven spielberg, we all have to go see it as they always have the curiosity trump card factor to their films/marketing.

Actually, while War of the Worlds sucked, Munich was quite good.

Jon.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ so you wont be in line to see WotW #2, which is supposedly announced to come out in 2010 or something

I have hopes for The Happening, esp since it is rated R

datasupa

Reaction score
Signs is like the marsupialed lovechild of M. Night and WotW. Aliens destroyed by water? But....really???

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I have hopes for The Happening, esp since it is rated R

Is that really a big deal? I see the trailer on TV and hear the guy say "blah blah M. Night's first ever movie rated R," like it's something that people actually care about. I mean.... so what, they say **** a couple times in the movie and show a tit? What's the difference? If anything, I liked a lot of M. Night's movies for the fact that they were good without having to do the things necessary to get an R rating.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anybody be excited about a new movie from this guy? He's the very definition of hack.

somecallmebj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Is that really a big deal? I see the trailer on TV and hear the guy say "blah blah M. Night's first ever movie rated R," like it's something that people actually care about. I mean.... so what, they say **** a couple times in the movie and show a tit? What's the difference? If anything, I liked a lot of M. Night's movies for the fact that they were good without having to do the things necessary to get an R rating.

Rated R doesn't necessarily mean a tremendous amount of cursing and nudity. From the looks of it, it's rated R from the mass death that occurs. There was a spot in the trailer with bodies falling from a building.

I'm looking forward to it.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somecallmebj
Rated R doesn't necessarily mean a tremendous amount of cursing and nudity. From the looks of it, it's rated R from the mass death that occurs. There was a spot in the trailer with bodies falling from a building.

I'm looking forward to it.

I know it's not necessarily cursing or nudity, but don't you find something wrong with the fact that its R rating is being advertised? "Come check out this movie, we killed a lot of people, so it's rated R. Aren't you excited?" Just seems like an odd and poor thing to advertise. Maybe it's a sign of the times, who knows.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Why would anybody be excited about a new movie from this guy? He's the very definition of hack.
Ditto

somecallmebj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I know it's not necessarily cursing or nudity, but don't you find something wrong with the fact that its R rating is being advertised? "Come check out this movie, we killed a lot of people, so it's rated R. Aren't you excited?" Just seems like an odd and poor thing to advertise. Maybe it's a sign of the times, who knows.

I agree, it does seem odd to emphasize it. I know there's a lot of people out there who won't even give something a chance if it isn't R. As if ratings really mean anything nowadays.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somecallmebj
I agree, it does seem odd to emphasize it. I know there's a lot of people out there who won't even give something a chance if it isn't R. As if ratings really mean anything nowadays.

Just watch the movie "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" to see how meaningless the ratings truly are.

Jon.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Just watch the movie "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" to see how meaningless the ratings truly are.

Jon.

I too was going to comment on that.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was driving doing nothing on the shores of Great Salt Lake, when they put it on the air, I put it in the hammer lane. I soon forgot myself and I forgot about the brake. I forgot about all laws and I forgot about the rain. They were talking on the 9 and all across the amy band, across the road they were turning around and headed south with me. It got so crowded on the road I started driving in the sand. My head was feeling scared, but my heart was feeling free. The desert turned to mud, it seems that everybody heard. Everybody was remembering to forget they had the chills. And I heard the voices on a broadcast from up on the bird. They were getting interviewed by some Goodman whose name was Bill. I'm almost there to Vegas where they're puttin' on a show. They've come so far, I've lived this long, at least I must just go and say. "Hello."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads