• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by M3Rocket
I've bid on quite a few items from that seller, but only because of the low starting bids of $0.99. Haven't actually won anything from them. They are prone to exaggeration on the retail prices, and if you wade through the feedback, also can take their time to send out the items.

^^ I've received an item (in Canada no less) very quickly and reliably from that seller, and have a Barbera tie on the way so my feedback is very positive at this point.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd also like to point out that bijan actually does sell their suits for 10k

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Cool. I guess my $150 D'Avenza was a great deal.

LINK

Make sure you look it over good-- I've bought from that guy before and he is downright dishonest about his descriptions.

He'll take returns, but then he turns around and relists the item with the same misrepresented description.

He stiffs you on return shipping, too.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWT D'Avenza. 40R. Currently at $390. Seller says it's black but the pics look like it may be a very dark charcoal. Seller must be on crack if he thinks it retails for $11K. LINK
052515.jpg

seller has bunch of Tombolini suits,are they any good?Anybody owns Tombolini stuff? how much is this expected to go for?Any thoughts? http://cgi.ebay.com/Luciano-Barbera-...QQcmdZViewItem

playdohh22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
Make sure you look it over good-- I've bought from that guy before and he is downright dishonest about his descriptions.

He'll take returns, but then he turns around and relists the item with the same misrepresented description.

He stiffs you on return shipping, too.

I have purchased a few times from this seller before. I forgot about the service. But he has some really cheap stuff sometimes.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Not sure, but it's not a great suit. It's from the club line, which is nothing special.

Agreed. Not only are Club suits nothing special, they are even overpriced at deep discount stores. They have a decent cut but the fabric is very ordinary, they are very obviously machine made, and always fused. The same holds true for Club shirts and ties as well. I'd buy RL Polo shirts over LB Club dress shirts any day.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
44R Mabro suit Mabro makes a great suit that can often be had for an excellent price on eBay. IMHO a bit better than Canali quality. Anyone agree or disagree? Anyone recognize the tag? It looks so familiar but I can not place it.
a02d_1_sbl.JPG
9ce0_1_sbl.JPG

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWT D'Avenza. 40R. Currently at $390.

Seller says it's black but the pics look like it may be a very dark charcoal.

Seller must be on crack if he thinks it retails for $11K.

LINK

052515.jpg

Sold for over $2K!

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sold for over $2K!
Ah, Blondy's. How those crooks get those prices... Retail on that D'Avenza is probably $3k, $3500 max. Bijan suits might retail for 10K (extra 7k for he Bijan label and lining,) but that is not a Bijan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads