• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me some stylish bags please

pledge

Reaction score

contaygious

Reaction score
1) I found them through nextag which is a good site to find authentic items like belts/wallets/shoes
2) They only carry the most basic items from designers similar to an overstock or a bluefly
3) Their inventory is rather sparse. If they sold fakes then they would have a ton more items from my expierence.
4) They have a 14 day return policy if you don't think it's authentic you can send it back.

"100% Authentic Merchandise Guarantee
At 247moda.com, we guarantee 100% authenticity on every product we sell. All our products come with all the necessary authenticity paperwork, labels or cards, dust bag, and or box."

"Our 14-day money back guarantee policy
At 247moda.com, we are dedicated to providing our customers with exceptional service. If for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return, or exchange the unused merchandise within 14 days upon deliver. For more information, please view our return and exchange policy."

I almost ordered a belt from there actually.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry dude, all of those moda operations sell fakes.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have always liked Bottega Veneta.

and they're for women, but the upcoming Yohji Yamamoto X Hermes messenger bags look very nice. I'm thinkin they might work on a guy...if he's willing to shell out the $9K for it haha

contaygious

Reaction score
for real? sorry didn't realize. Thought all the stuff on nextag was the real deal.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
designer bags go on sale but never down to $100.

In retail price reductions, never say never
devil.gif

stylemeup

Reaction score
After thinking about it a lot I decided I probably wanna go for a duffle bag type instead of a messenger bag since then I can carry more groceries in it when need be in addition to doing other things with it.

I really liked what I saw here:

http://www.montblanc-us.com/products/117.php

...but when I called to get the price I was told it was about $1160.
eh.gif
I thought it might be $300 or something before I called.
musicboohoo[1].gif
I guess that's the reason why they don't list their prices on their website.

What is the closest resemblance of a bag of semi-decent quality that I can get to that Montblanc one for $300 or less?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Banana Republic messenger bag in chocolate brown leather was just given a baptism of fire in NYC. Came through with flying colours. Really superb, stylish messenger bag. Picture sucks. It looks and feels great. Little more $$$, but worth it.

br375296-00p01v01.jpg

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some very stylish Italian bags for men from several online companies that you can purchase for $300 or less. Here's a very good source, with a large selection:

http://www.leathershop.it/en/home.asp

Look through their Travelling Bags and Doctor Bags. They have many, many models. I purchased one like their Montecatini model for a larger travel bag, and have been very happy with it.

Here's another similar source:

http://www.flotoimports.com/all.htm

They offer the same thing--lined bags made of beautiful Italian-finished leather in a wide variety of sizes. I have a doctor bag like their Ciabatta for use as a smaller day bag.

Decide on what you need the bag for, and that will help to determine the size you'll need. My larger travel bag is about 2800 cubic inches (21" x 12" x 11"), whereas my smaller day bag is about 1000 (14" x 9" x 8").

Both of these companies sell a lot of their bags on eBay, and this way you might do very well pricewise, but even at their full prices, a large bag shouldn't run much, if any, over $300, and a smaller one $200 or less.

blnee

Reaction score
The feel like there is a conflict of communication on what kind of bag is preferred. You show a messenger bag but ask for something that is mafioso and square. Should it be a hard or soft case? Messenger shoulder bag or carried briefcase? If you want something that looks business like enough to be carrying around wads of loose bills but still modern and stylish I like the metal cases that are available now. Here is one on ebay that is still under $100 in a bronze which I haven't seen before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/REAL-ALUMINUM-BR...QQcmdZViewItem

In my mind, to look stylish the accessories you carry need to have some continuity of purpose and design to the rest of your presentation. If you are wearing a suit, then a briefcase in leather or metal will work best. If the suit is conservative (british) then get something that simply matches your shoes and belt. If loud (italian) then something more unique and personal is stylish. If you wear strictly jeans and a trendy t-shirt, then messenger bags or vintage thrift store items are going to carry the look off best. It is possible to get something that is universal. That is one reason I recommend a metal case. It can be business-like but can also be somewhat trendy, especially in an off color like a bronze. Otherwise, you are picking up a number of bags to look right on different occasions. That is ideal but not cheap.

On a side note, I really like the Lacoste bag as a gym bag. Has a Will Farrell, 70's semi-pro basketball player with a sense of humor feel to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads