• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks:
Jack spade money clip wallet
2 Uncle Kimono knit ties
Call of the wild shirt, YMC striped jeans and reversible jacket @ new dandyism
2 hilditch and key shirts
a "new" pair of beat around wingtips ( I am considering putting cycling cleats on the old ones for a new pair of commuter shoes)
3sixteen gingham camp cap- only has one tiny embroidered logo, unlike all of the supreme camp caps
brown Hardy Amies suit

Too many clothes for my girlfriend- a couple of tsumori chisato skirts, 3 vintage summer dresses, a daryl k jacket, and a pair of catherine malandrino shorts.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the usual recent purchase, but I'll post it anyways.

I just ordered these awesome golf shoes from Callaway.

While I have no idea what to look for in a golf shoe, I'm pretty sure these are going to be very nice. They are from the "tour" line and are European Calf leather uppers (and water proof), and for golf shoes, imo, look really good.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

2.jpg

4.jpg

gmku

Reaction score
Scored on a Goodwill stop-by tonight...

RL Polo jacket (the chino/twill kind) in a red, and Banana Republic short zipper jacket, linen/cotton madras. $4.50 each. And they're in nice shape.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A tee. fits awesome
b3fab06c.jpg

AA nylon windbreaker. will be handy for breakdance...
abb767d3.jpg

some shoes for $20 from the boot repair shop, fit perfect and I'm sure I could match them with something. suede too. I did a bit of research and the brand is Church's, and I believe these shoes would have cost hundreds new. I think I got VERY lucky finding these.

0d710b00.jpg

7b27d2dd.jpg

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll bite: got some black APC NS. They're easily the best pair of jeans I've ever worn. Breaking them sounds like it'll be impossible, though. Also: dumped too much cash on them in Paris. Didn't know they could be ordered online.
frown.gif

thepataphysician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I'll bite: got some black APC NS. They're easily the best pair of jeans I've ever worn. Breaking them sounds like it'll be impossible, though.

Also: dumped too much cash on them in Paris. Didn't know they could be ordered online.
frown.gif

not to add insult to injury, but you can use the styleforum discount code to get them even cheaper.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician
not to add insult to injury, but you can use the styleforum discount code to get them even cheaper.
Which affiliate carries NS in black? Not Denim Bar, not tobi, not context, not peasant. Who is left that carries APC? Only site I know is apc.fr

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Those brown suede Church's are great.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician

Originally Posted by mulansauce
Which affiliate carries NS in black? Not Denim Bar, not tobi, not context, not peasant. Who is left that carries APC? Only site I know is apc.fr

You can only get the blacks directly from APC. They won't let retailers stock them, which is probably something to do with them being French and wanting exclusivity. DenimBar and the other retailer only carry the raw indigo jeans. If I'm not mistaken, the seasonal stuff from the catalogs is only sold at APC as well.

ardeetee

Reaction score
currently apc sells the black NS in apc stores only, they were not sold to the other retailers edit: xchen quicker than I

Toddy

Reaction score
Didn't Mauro say in the DenimBar thread that he was getting the black NS in a few months?

Edit,

Originally Posted by Denimbar
we will get black in FALL

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Denimbar
we will get black in FALL

Goddamn it. And I thought I was a savvy shopper...looks like I overpaid some $70 after discount. Oh well.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a red BoO shirt for around 100 at co-op and some black patent sperrys.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Where did you get black patent sperrys and how much? I've been thinking about a pair.

I got them at Bloomingdales in Chevy Chase, they have a 9, 10, and some 12's left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics