• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. Herzfield in New York

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
Certain members have gotten a little far afield in knocking H. Herzfeld for a troubled custom experience.

It's one of the few independent stores left selling British-American inspired goods. It is one of a dying breed.

In my opinion its selections and service are excellent. I would say that its strengths are in shirts, ties, and accessories. The sales staff are all experienced, traditional clothing men. You won't find a pretty salesgirl who is trying to sell $500 shirts and mens hats. The staff and the establishment are old school.

The prices are reasonable. They carry Hickey Freeman and their own private label in suits.

In sum, I recommend them, and you can mention my name.

Mark Seitelman

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have some nice, quirky RTW merchandise. Be prepared to be attacked by the salespeople as soon as you walk into the store. It is not a place to browse freely. I met at one point with that same tailor or designer that Marc references. Was not impressed by the designer.

lisapop

Reaction score
The sales staff might be perceived as aggressive, but they mean well and for the most part just trying to demonstrate good customer service rather than trying to pressure you to buy.  I've heard customers there, especially those from out of town and visiting from overseas expressing their appreciation for that personal attention at a time when other NY stores show indifference to their customers at best, and contempt at worst.  The owner is also a very, very nice, unpretentious guy who knows his stuff---Only gripe is the bad custom suit experience.
Grayson

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will not jump into the Tony Zanghi Jr. discussion.

I will say that the sales help and owners are really good people. Knowlegable

They are not inexpensive, but the quality of their offerings are all top shelf.

They used to do a huge business with South American businessmen.
There style is a little old and stuffy though. They appeal to an older demograhpic.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Gentlemen, As always, it's a pleasure learning from your responses.
smile.gif

lisapop

Reaction score
Gentlemen, As always, it's a pleasure learning from your responses

Go forth and conquer the sartorial jungle, young man.
Grayson

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lisapop
Any store with a modicum of integrity will offer to replace the suit or to fix it; most likely fix it. Â In my case with Herzfeld, the suit was made a couple sizes too small and the trousers were made too short, without sufficient material to lengthen them, so it was a lost cause and I didn't have the desire to deal with them on the recourse. Â Same deal with Richard Anderson on Savile Row---cut the trousers way too short and didn't leave enough material to lengthen them. Â Given you can cut the trousers a mile long to begin with, this is inexcusable.
Grayson

As I heard the story about Grayson's RA experience ... from what might be termed "the other side" ... Grayson never complained ... didn't say a thing. RA was totally unaware he was less than pleased.

RA was very suprised when I mentioned the Grayson posts on AAAC.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
baldy[1].gif
baldy[1].gif

good lord and people complained about the **** posts.

Ed, what's your problem?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Ed, what's your problem?

His head appears to be colliding with a brick wall, perhaps causing trauma to the skull and brain.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
His head appears to be colliding with a brick wall, perhaps causing trauma to the skull and brain.

rimshot.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bunch of 2-3 year old threads being resurrected by Richard Anderson Jr.

Blame Manton.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A bunch of 2-3 year old threads being resurrected by Richard Anderson Jr.

I'm bored. Besides ... I'm his grandfather.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Blame Manton.

Troll.

And here I did what I thought was the courteous thing by not boring the board with my comments, and this is the thanks I get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads