• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh can't believe i overlooked that one. The Peninsula is a classic...i remember in my college days when i came home for summer i would sometimes go there for high tea, grab a cigar from Davidoff and chill out in the lobby cafe...back when u could still smoke indoors there. Good times.

padronlover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the name of the blue sea pokemon that closely resembles fade to black w/ those glasses?

someone posted a pic as well as its name but a mod deleted the post
confused.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha looks like i struck a nerve.

that was my main man Uncontrol who posted that...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by padronlover
what's the name of the blue sea pokemon that closely resembles fade to black w/ those glasses?

someone posted a pic as well as its name but a mod deleted the post
confused.gif

Why would a mod delete a post of a Pokemon?

Was it deemed NSFW?

K

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah i requested it to be taken down i thought Uncontrol was tryin to sneak a personal attack...i admit it was a bit sensitive of me. Uncontrol is good peoples.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gay guys just call it "hello".

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are these goddamn pair of blue jays that go apeshit whenever my cat is outside. They are so loud, obnoxious, and persistent! I've got a bushel-full of wine corks that I keep throwing at them to scare them off - like I said: persistent.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
gay guys probably just call it "sex."

other hotels in HK? If you're looking for hotels of that level i think those are pretty much the top few...there's the Island Shangri La which is always grand but for some reason everytime im there its kinda empty. Intercontinental in TST which houses Nobu as well as the Alain Ducasse (who i think is overrated) eateries. Never stepped foot in that one though.

id stay away from the JW Marriott...its technically a 5 star hotel but i dunno service and quality there (judging from bars/food) strikes me as very mediocre and overpriced.

in mong kok there is the langham...seems like a fancy/pricey hotel (i have only been to their spa and prices are bloody outrageous). It's adjacent to a pretty sketchy part of town and also as soon as you walk out the door you are flanked by the most densely populated neighborhood in the world, so you might take that into consideration.

and of course if your interests lie in "other pursuits" there's always the Emperor hotel in Happy Valley.

hope this helps.

planning a trip to HK soon?

Yeah, Langham. An agent was recommending this to me before, but I don't like Mong Kok specially when the streets become one big market at night. I'm also looking at the Peninsula, and some others. Yup, planning another return, this time with the wife, whom I promise to at least give a hotel upgrade this time, so the 3 stars like Excelsior, Park Lane and Marco Polo are out. If we go through with this, I'm probably going round August or September.

And Happy Valley, eh? You know I've heard so much about the Happy in Happy Valley, but I haven't been there.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
gay guys probably just call it "sex."

other hotels in HK? If you're looking for hotels of that level i think those are pretty much the top few...there's the Island Shangri La which is always grand but for some reason everytime im there its kinda empty. Intercontinental in TST which houses Nobu as well as the Alain Ducasse (who i think is overrated) eateries. Never stepped foot in that one though.

id stay away from the JW Marriott...its technically a 5 star hotel but i dunno service and quality there (judging from bars/food) strikes me as very mediocre and overpriced.

in mong kok there is the langham...seems like a fancy/pricey hotel (i have only been to their spa and prices are bloody outrageous). It's adjacent to a pretty sketchy part of town and also as soon as you walk out the door you are flanked by the most densely populated neighborhood in the world, so you might take that into consideration.

and of course if your interests lie in "other pursuits" there's always the Emperor hotel in Happy Valley.

hope this helps.

planning a trip to HK soon?

I thought that The Peninsula was the place to stay, no?

Jon.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does "YMMV" mean?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Thanks, me.

bigstar[1].gif

Actually, you can thank Piobaire. As middle-aged and fogeyish as he is, he had to school "us" in internet-speak a while back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads