• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which of these two riding jackets?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the one that doesn't make you look like a FOB. oh, wait, forget it.

JonB27

Reaction score
Personally I don't like either, there are many better options out there.

m_wave

Reaction score
try again

Dave Walker

Reaction score
I would say the first one, but it depends whether you like branding etc

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally dislike the heavy branding on most riding jackets, so I would go with the first one.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the first one considerably better. However, when I see the first think I think of is Italy (colors and order is spot on)... so I personally would feel a little uncomfortable rockin that jacket unless I had some sort of tie to Italy or its culture. It would feel a little fakeed for me to wear it otherwise.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I kind of want the second one because it goes with my bike, but I wouldn't get it because I don't want to be that guy who wears all the matching stuff with his bike. The first one looks good to me though. There's also a perfed leather/textile one I've been eyeing... I really want a cooler looking hot weather jacket. My Vanson is hellish on hot days.

Slim Pickens

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
I like the first one considerably better.

However, when I see the first think I think of is Italy (colors and order is spot on)... so I personally would feel a little uncomfortable rockin that jacket unless I had some sort of tie to Italy or its culture. It would feel a little fakeed for me to wear it otherwise.

The bike between his legs would be the tie, since it's Italian.

If you're deadset on those two, the first one's better, otherwise i'd go with one of these:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ed-Jacket.aspx
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ex-Jacket.aspx

There might be too much branding for your tastes, but I think the white jacket would look pretty good with a white Duc, unless you lowside on in(please don't). I wish i had the cash for a 1099.
frown.gif

JonB27

Reaction score
I was at the dealer this past weekend checking out the 1098s, and it is very tempting but at this point not the smartest purchase I should be making... Someday though.

bomber

Reaction score
I really don't like either one to be honest.

jpgm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bomber
I really don't like either one to be honest.
+1
Originally Posted by erdawe
I like the first one considerably better. However, when I see the first think I think of is Italy (colors and order is spot on)...
agreed. if you must get one of these, get the first. if you have other options, definitely take them.....there's plenty of options out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads