• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So i waltzed into martin greenfield today...

Rebel_5

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
Is that non-shatnes? I have a LB by attolini suit that has the tag and dangling thread

Dunno. But since Greenfield is Jewish, he's probably ok with what he wrote

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Mr Ned vs Martin G.? Does Martin deliver a better product?

treegarden

Reaction score
Wow...that's a whole lot less than Brooks Brothers charges. Sounds like it's worth a trip to Brooklyn.

billiebob

Reaction score
Yeah, that's definitely a great price. Brooks MTM is $1450 during an MTM event several times a year. The results (a friend just got one) were impressive.

treegarden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
Yeah, that's definitely a great price. Brooks MTM is $1450 during an MTM event several times a year. The results (a friend just got one) were impressive.

Yes, I took delivery on my first one (using a 15% corporate discount) about a month ago and then ordered another at 25% off. Regular price is $2395.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by treegarden
Yes, I took delivery on my first one (using a 15% corporate discount) about a month ago and then ordered another at 25% off. Regular price is $2395.

but is the look the typical BB = heavily padde shoulders? I have one OTR GF suit, and the shoulders are very heavliy padded.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
but is the look the typical BB = heavily padde shoulders? I have one OTR GF suit, and the shoulders are very heavliy padded.

I asked for lightly padded shoulders so I'll see how mine turns out.

nsoltz

Reaction score
Mazel Tov on the upcoming wedding. I hope the lucky kallah can find an equally-great source for her gown.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Mazel Tov on the upcoming wedding. I hope the lucky kallah can find an equally-great source for her gown.
she took care of her gown long ago. She's renting it from someone local. I honestly am at a loss for what to do. In my sf addled mind $1100 is very reasonable for a wedding suit - especially one made to such nice standards. However, as a law student, i am currently forced to rely on my parents to help me out. When i told my father how much the suit cost he flipped his lid. He told me that he's going to stop giving his support even if i pay for the suit myself. He obviously has a point but i think that $1100 is a reasonable price even for an otr suit. I'm at a total loss here. I would feel terrible calling to cancel my order and i'd be very unhappy in a suit from ck or dkny or the like. Oy.

billiebob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by treegarden

That must have been some fancy fabric because the University book is $1450 and the book above that is $1600 or so. Of course you can get much more expensive fabric from some of the other books.

Any idea if that corporate discount can be combined with their MTM event or a 25% off sale on RTW items?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The price is very reasonable, given his reputation and the quality of suit. Acutally you had me temped to go down there myself and get a suit made myself (even though my closet can't hold any more suits). Do you have other nicely tailored suits or this will be your first one? Perhaps you could convince your father this will not only be your wedding suit, but a suit for work in the future.

bullethead

Reaction score
I've had a few items made there withing the last year or so and am quite happy with them. If I could figure out my stupid camera i would post pics.

Had a two button grey worsted suit (gladson, 11oz cloth) with an extra pair of trousers for $1900. I don't wear a suit often, so this does the trick when i need one. Also had two coats made from Loro Piana storm system that ran $2800 for both.

Great people to work with, will use them again.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so....you got a martin greenfield MTM suit for $1100? Damn, that IS a deal on a very well made suit!

**** those chinese suits members are reviewing-- you can get a martin greenfield for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
so....you got a martin greenfield MTM suit for $1100? Damn, that IS a deal on a very well made suit!

**** those chinese suits members are reviewing-- you can get a martin greenfield for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't recall any Martin Greenfield product having as much handwork as the Chinese-made Crittenden you're referring to. The latter is also significantly cheaper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads