• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
yep...i only go to places where i dont need to lineup or pay any cover charge, if i went that route then i'd be paying an additional $30 USD with no drinks included and stand in line for like 2 hours doing nothing.

I don't tend to frequent bars that might actually deny me (or anyone else) entrance. Now that I think of it, this holds true for more than bars--it goes a lot toward explaining how I ended up at the college that I did.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where'd you go to college?

I find there to be a bit more hierarchy and exclusivity evident at college parties (frat parties especially) than at clubs at big cities

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The thread on coal-to-oil got me thinking about plutonium 239, but I can't find anyone who wants to talk about it.
I'd read the discussion (or listen to it, whatever).

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The acceptance rate is 38.1%, which now that I look at it classifies it as one of the most selective major national universities in the nation. But I only really applied because I thought I would get in and it was within 20 minutes of my house. I had loftier expectations when I was in high school, but I missed half of my senior year due to illness, and that kind of derailed my college ambitions. Now I just need to figure out what to do with my 70K in debt and degree in philosophy. As for frat parties: ugh. I can play beer pong and drink Natty Ice in my own backyard without worrying about whether I will be denied entry. The social life at my campus is pretty terrible. I still hang out almost exclusively off campus with people I went to high school with. If you want the name, it's number 31 on this list (in PA): http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...udoc_brief.php

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
I'd read the discussion (or listen to it, whatever).

I'd read it, but I don't think I would understand it.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I also don't get the appeal of cheap alcohol. Much like cheap watches, it seems pointless.

From what I can tell you don't go for cheap anything.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps. But my bank account is too small for expensive stuff.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Life is too short for cheap stuff.

+1. was it you who said who needs the necessities of life when you can have the luxuries? preach on my brother...i'm all about living beyond my means. larger than life is the only way to do it, since you only got one shot anyway...rock out on this grand stage keith richards style

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much credit card debt can one be in before he is deemed irresponsible? I'm a student so I only work part time at a crappy retail job and I have about $1,000 on each of my two credit cards. This time last year I had $0 dollars on them. Should I stop buying nice pants? Or just start eating fewer meals?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no never forsake eating for luxuries. have both. become a wheelin dealin son of a gun who kissed all the girls and flew around the world in a private jet. You can learn a lot from watching movies like "Catch me if you can"

become a hustler baby

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bank fraud, forgery, and a ten-year prison sentence? I think I can deal with the occasional can of tuna fish instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads