• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Saying Today? (AKA The Random Thoughts/Blogging Thread)

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Do I really want my wife to get pregnant? First of all, she's crazy enough as it is - do I want, then, to put up with her mood swings? Crap, she just called me on the phone - crying and telling me she's having a stressful day:

Here's me: "No, Honey, I'm not pissed at you. How can I be pissed at you when we're only talking about whether or not to have a chicken breast with our salad tonight."

I'm so sorry.
plain.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Do I really want my wife to get pregnant? First of all, she's crazy enough as it is - do I want, then, to put up with her mood swings? Crap, she just called me on the phone - crying and telling me she's having a stressful day:

Here's me: "No, Honey, I'm not pissed at you. How can I be pissed at you when we're only talking about whether or not to have a chicken breast with our salad tonight."

Well MAYBE if you cared about her feelings for once she wouldn't be worried that you were pissed! You never show her any respect and now she doesn't know how to react to anything! GOD you just don't understand how she feels!

tongue.gif

Best of luck.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys! We'll get over it, it just happened to be what what going on in my head at that particular time.

I remember an episode on "Scrubs" when Heather Locklear was on there. The attending doctor, whose name I can't remember was talking about this crazy chick and Heather's character said, "What do you mean, "crazy"? Do you mean "all women are crazy" crazy or really do you mean CRAZY?"

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm astonished that the APC sizing thread is almost 1800 posts long.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder what's there to do in Houston when I get there?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must be 5 AM in the Jungle right now...ahhh...future as bright as the burning purple sunrise. I wonder if my baby is still asleep...matter of fact i wonder if she even knows i exist.

I've left the letter on the table for you to read when you're awake.

sincerely,
-M

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should cut down on the diet cokes. I think they're starting to affect my teeth.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
I should cut down on the diet cokes. I think they're starting to affect my teeth.

How so? You need to drink a lot to do any real damage to your enamel.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well its a caffeinated drink it'll probably cause stains and what not that aren't so aesthetically pleasing

i try to drink as little soda as possible, maybe the occasional cream soda thats it. dont even touch tea or coffee, definitely no wine for me. smoking like a chimney is already doin enough damage

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like tea, but not coffee. I also don't really like alcohol except for occasional indulgences. It is the same with tobacco though that's something I probably do more, but never quite an addiction.

Sodas are another thing I don't really like.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
well its a caffeinated drink it'll probably cause stains and what not that aren't so aesthetically pleasing

i try to drink as little soda as possible, maybe the occasional cream soda thats it. dont even touch tea or coffee, definitely no wine for me. smoking like a chimney is already doin enough damage

No soda, tea, coffee, or wine? What do you drink?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i drink mostly water and juices

my one vice when it comes to beverages is bottled sweet drinks...the "asian" kind, like "pear tea drink" "pear chrysanthemum", "Apple green tea"...this **** is actually really bad for your body as a whole but psychologically i dont feel as bad when i drink it as none of them are dark caffeinated liquids.

i dont even drink much alcohol nowadays, might go hit the town once a month or so and even then limit myself to 2-3 drinks. now that i drink much less frequently my tolerance has gone down so i save myself money and still have a decent time

drinks in hong kong are damn expensive...$50 for a bottle of water, $100 for a jack and coke,. that new club Cliq is very reasonable in its prices, $70 total for a cocktail...almost unheard of.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
drinks in hong kong are damn expensive...$50 for a bottle of water, $100 for a jack and coke,. that new club Cliq is very reasonable in its prices, $70 total for a cocktail...almost unheard of.
70HK = 9ish US? That isn't too bad. The other night I paid 7 dollars for Guinness in one of those chain restaurants with canoes and saxophones glued to the wall.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep...i only go to places where i dont need to lineup or pay any cover charge, if i went that route then i'd be paying an additional $30 USD with no drinks included and stand in line for like 2 hours doing nothing. The good thing about HK is its a city open to negotiation, characteristic of chinese culture. Even if you're not a familiar face, be assertive and confident and usually you'll have no trouble getting in, at the very least they'll give you a discount if you're rollin in a large pack

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads