• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have healthcare coverage at the moment?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks on this board complain about the cost of health care yet use extra money on unnecessary wardrobe upgrades. Okay, maybe I don't know but it's a good guess.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gave mine up in March so I could eat 3 meals a day again.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Gave mine up in March so I could eat 3 meals a day again.

Yet you have the internet? and probably a cell phone as well...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Yet you have the internet? and probably a cell phone as well...

+1. That's just a gamble not worth taking. In trying to save money for college, I sincerely thought about cancelling my healthcare. By the time I quit my job to go back to school, it'd have been ~$500 saved. Even though I'm young and relatively healthy, it's just not worth it. I mean, $500 without insurance is like one blood test and a vaccine. If anything seriously went wrong, it could screw your finances up for the rest of your life.

Dekayte

Reaction score
I work at a non-profit hospital and I still get a significant amount of money taken out of my paycheck every month. The argument for the cellphone is kind of moot, it's near impossible to survive in our world without some sort of phone and in most cases cell phones are not only more useful than landlines but also cheaper. I deal with a lot of sick people who do and don't have insurance and it just feels like some of them get off so light while others get fucked ********** even while paying their premiums. I haven't really gone too indepth into their specific cases but the diabetic people get especially fucked, it's about $350 for a 3 month supply of insulin even with insurance.
frown.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dekayte
I work at a non-profit hospital and I still get a significant amount of money taken out of my paycheck every month.

The argument for the cellphone is kind of moot, it's near impossible to survive in our world without some sort of phone and in most cases cell phones are not only more useful than landlines but also cheaper.

I deal with a lot of sick people who do and don't have insurance and it just feels like some of them get off so light while others get fucked ********** even while paying their premiums. I haven't really gone too indepth into their specific cases but the diabetic people get especially fucked, it's about $350 for a 3 month supply of insulin even with insurance.
frown.gif

it is very possible to "SURVIVE" without a cellphone
you need your HEALTH to survive, but who wants to pay for that when you can just pay for a cellphone instead...

Dekayte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
it is very possible to "SURVIVE" without a cellphone
you need your HEALTH to survive, but who wants to pay for that when you can just pay for a cellphone instead...

Oh come on, we don't need to be literal here.

Besides my cellphone bill is about $25 a month while my insurance costs about $100 a month plus I have to meet my deductible ($1,000) before it covers most expenses.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I work at a non-profit hospital and I still get a significant amount of money taken out of my paycheck every month.

The argument for the cellphone is kind of moot, it's near impossible to survive in our world without some sort of phone and in most cases cell phones are not only more useful than landlines but also cheaper.

I deal with a lot of sick people who do and don't have insurance and it just feels like some of them get off so light while others get fucked ********** even while paying their premiums. I haven't really gone too indepth into their specific cases but the diabetic people get especially fucked, it's about $350 for a 3 month supply of insulin even with insurance.
frown.gif

Yes, $116 a month or die. That's really getting "fucked **********." I am not saying the current system is one without some major flaws, but telling me $116 for life itself is getting "fucked **********" is just plain stupid.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
We have coverage, but given their tight-fistedness it seems they want us to die first before we get covered for anything major, like an ingrown toenail.

bomber

Reaction score
Thankfully yes...however each year I have about $5k out of pocket expenses on top of the insurance so it still stings.

Without insurance? I would probably be dead.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i usually use public hsopitals when in italy, but when i am outside the country (99 percent of the time) no i simply pay as i go. I stll get the normal check ups and such but seriously health insurance that cover multple countries is absurdly exspensive in repsect to how much it cost to pay for singular checks and tests, or any ermegancy care.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
i usually use public hsopitals when in italy, but when i am outside the country (99 percent of the time) no i simply pay as i go. I stll get the normal check ups and such but seriously health insurance that cover multple countries is absurdly exspensive in repsect to how much it cost to pay for singular checks and tests, or any ermegancy care.

When I lived in Toronto, OHIP covered everything, and now? No.
frown.gif

Jon.

Dekayte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Yes, $116 a month or die. That's really getting "fucked **********." I am not saying the current system is one without some major flaws, but telling me $116 for life itself is getting "fucked **********" is just plain stupid.

Well, you have to understand you're still paying for insurance, test strips, other medication, etc. That's just for someone with diabetes, other illnesses can easily go $1,200 for a 3 month supply. I was just using that as an example. I'm definitely not saying $116 dollars for life itself is getting fucked **********, I'm sure everyone would pay more than that to save a life. I'm just saying things should change.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm definitely not saying $116 dollars for life itself is getting fucked **********, I'm sure everyone would pay more than that to save a life. I'm just saying things should change.
Oh yeah you are
smile.gif
Healthcare is not a simple issue, but if you get into hyperbole, you're gonna /default lose. I happen to know a thing or two about health care and management thereof. If you want to chat policy issues or basic mechanics of the system, we can do that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads