• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

butchhuskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akaidiot
I thought I would report back from the APC sale in case anyone is interested. Prices for men are: Coats $130, Jackets $100, Sweaters $60, Pants, shirts, and jeans $50, Accessories 70% (scarves originally at $112, I think, and ties around $85, so that's what? about $35 and $25?).

Stacks of washed jeans, a lot of red demin in different sizes, and their black new cures in some sizes but something in around 30 to 34 that I could find. Lots of turtleneck sweaters and hoodies, not so many regular pullover sweaters or cardigans. Lots of cords, too, I think.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to stop by tomorrow to maybe buy a sweater or something. Pick up anything?

akaidiot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butchhuskey
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to stop by tomorrow to maybe buy a sweater or something. Pick up anything?

Yeah, I got a brown version of my favorite sweater, which is a very soft gray APC one I got at a sale two years ago. I picked up a knit tie for $25 or so and a scarf as well. Not a huge haul, but I'm proud of my restraint. Only about $110 at this sale, only $30 at Ralph Lauren yesterday, and $150 and $270 at Rage & Bone and Steven Alan respectively on Wednesday. I was worried I would drop more than $1k this week and kept it under $600.

Then again, that only makes me think I have no excuse for not buying this Comme des Garcons trench at Tokio7 for only $250.
confused.gif

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told by a SA at Barney's that designer doesn't start until a little later...

but she was new and not my usual SA so I don't know how much weight to put behind her words.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
I was told by a SA at Barney's that designer doesn't start until a little later...

but she was new and not my usual SA so I don't know how much weight to put behind her words.

Yep, heard the same thing. Designer stuff at Barney's goes on sale on the 28th.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hence the "private".

Sadly not much left I want, maybe two or three things.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Barney's Seattle sale is going to suck at first. They're only starting out with a few designers and co-op junk for the first few weeks before they start marking everything else down.

Edit: Also stopped in at Ian. Lines on sale that I remember are Nice Collective, Loden Dager, Obedient Sons, CP Company/Stone Island, Lova, and Nicholas K.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone here or in the EG thread had asked when MAC has their sales. According to Chris (the sister of the brother/sister owner duo), their next sale will be late June.

Also, Ian will be adding additional lines to their sales list on June 12th.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akaidiot
I thought I would report back from the APC sale in case anyone is interested. Prices for men are: Coats $130, Jackets $100, Sweaters $60, Pants, shirts, and jeans $50, Accessories 70% (scarves originally at $112, I think, and ties around $85, so that's what? about $35 and $25?).

Stacks of washed jeans, a lot of red demin in different sizes, and their black new cures in some sizes but something in around 30 to 34 that I could find. Lots of turtleneck sweaters and hoodies, not so many regular pullover sweaters or cardigans. Lots of cords, too, I think.

is this sale going on at the APC stores? i didn't see any notice about it in this thread.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
is this sale going on at the APC stores? i didn't see any notice about it in this thread.

I saw the sale being promoted on a few blogs. I think it's only going on at the APC store in Brooklyn.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Archive in SF is having a 30%-50% private sale starting on Monday.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It seems the designer collections at Barneys are only going on sale the 1st day of the Private Sale. The first week of June is when they are supposed to take a hard mark down. However, seeing how wacky retailers have been this year it would not suprise me if they went back on that and just did the hard mark next week during the sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads