• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coping with bad purchases

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I was wondering, especially for the members here on tighter budgets, how do you cope with poor purchases on non-returnable items?

:Out of a $4500 purchase I lost about $250. Not bad actually.

???

hopefully you got that TaT suit order you wanted in there somewhere?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I just meet up with white folks on the weekends and call them racists for laughs.

We should hug it out

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
I recently ordered a large amount of clothes from Yahoo! Japan and MBOK, and while I am pretty happy with most of it, a few items didn't really work out -- namely some pants on which the inseams are too short.

I was wondering, especially for the members here on tighter budgets, how do you cope with poor purchases on non-returnable items? I'm thinking of flipping them back onto YJ, but after fees and shipping to Japan I doubt it would be worth my time. I may just have to toss them, because having clothes I don't like laying around always feels like a huge burden.

But yeah, I have depression and though I'm on medication for it I still tend to get irrationally upset about things. It's not so much the amount of money wasted. For me, it's the mere fact that something was a waste and I cannot think of a productive use for it.

How do you cope?

Craigslist or Ebay...

morse9443

Reaction score
I feel your pain brother. My recent purchase from JP doesn't fit and I'm trying to sell right now. The trouble of selling and re-ordering and waiting, etc., has gotten my panties in a major bunch!
devil.gif

morse9443

Reaction score
What'd you order?

SD 103's from Rakuten store Vari. I have Sammy S0500 in size 34, so I though 34 would work with these too. Not even close. But I really like em, so waiting to sell in order to re-order......

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought a pair of Dior jeans one size big last season, it was the last one left and i bought it anyway because hedi slimane was leaving and at that point didn't know if he was coming back.

i cope by telling myself Kanye's are even baggier. i'm wearing them today actually and when i look in the mirror it doesn't look so bad over boots...

moral of the story: If it don't fit, WILL IT TO FIT.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
? you talkin to me?

Nah slim, baggy Dior is the way to go these days. That sizing down 2 business is OUT.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
i bought a pair of Dior jeans one size big last season, it was the last one left and i bought it anyway because hedi slimane was leaving and at that point didn't know if he was coming back.

i cope by telling myself Kanye's are even baggier. i'm wearing them today actually and when i look in the mirror it doesn't look so bad over boots...

moral of the story: If it don't fit, WILL IT TO FIT.

+1. did the exact same ****. i'm a 33, 34 and bought a 32 and a 36.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics