• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you wear this? What girls want guys to wear

jesskah

Reaction score
I mistakenly posted this in the Men's Clothing section and was told to move it to the Streetwear section because the clothes are casual.

Here are a bunch of mens' outfits created by women on
Polyvore, which lets you mix and match clothing from all over the web. Most of these are made by women and are what girls want their boyfriends to dress like. I was wondering if any real guys would actually want to wear these clothes. Or do you guys believe in "WNBMCMBMC (Woman No Buy Man Clothes, Man Buy Man Clothes!)" rule? : )

Is this *too* trendy?
smile.gif

I admit this is a little over the top.

Reminds me of Justin Timberlake because of the waistcoat/vest thing.

Inspired by Mr. Rogers!

So tell me, would you actually wear this stuff?

jesskah

Reaction score
Why is this spam? To be clear, these are not ads. Polyvore users (mostly girls) put together these outfits together by assembling the different pieces of clothing.

Or is it DO NOT WANT because you think they're just ugly outfits? That's kind of the question I'm asking actually -- do men actually like to wear what women want their boyfriends to wear?

selbsttatig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jesskah
Or is it DO NOT WANT because you think they're just ugly outfits? That's kind of the question I'm asking actually -- do men actually like to wear what women want their boyfriends to wear?
Most women know nothing about clothing. I wouldn't. Though most guys really don't care/know better.

mimesis

Reaction score
Personally I don't care what women want, clothing or otherwise....
Secondly, this looks like badly concealed advertising for a website....

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys will wear what ever it takes to get in a girls pants. Thankfully I am not like that and I care about my image.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Somebody wanting me to wear something is the best reason for me not to wear it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? Based on experience, women only like seeing celebrities wearing those. Most women I meet like men to be less complicated.

Shraka

Reaction score
Second image: checked vest, might wear the leather jacket, but wouldn't buy it.

Third image: Might be tempted to wear the waistcoat.

Other than that, no not really.

Tuff Ghost

Reaction score
I'd wear a piece or two out of most of them (or at least something similar), but who cares what girls want guys to wear? 99% of girls want guys to wear boring terrible clothes.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in charge of shopping for my wife.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads