• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink shirt ,disrespected

khaki sack

Reaction score
Yesterday I met with friends for lunch, at the curry shack, of Shukra Shurpali. I was wearing a new pink shirt from ,Turnbull (& Asher). A fat Mexican kid was walking by and called me the 'f' name. Maybe he was not pleased with my shirt? Or maybe ,he did not like the look of my ,tandoori?

Why do you hate the, pink,?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by khaki sack
Yesterday I met with friends for lunch, at the curry shack, of Shukra Shurpali. I was wearing a new pink shirt from ,Turnbull (& Asher). A fat Mexican kid was walking by and called me the 'f' name. Maybe he was not pleased with my shirt? Or maybe ,he did not like the look of my ,tandoori?

Why do you hate the, pink,?

Of course there is no way to justify the idiotic comment directed at you, but perhaps it was the way you wore it rather than the shirt itself? Pink can be over embellished in one's outfits on occasion.

Or perhaps he was just being judgmental like you: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...gs#post1034641

khaki sack

Reaction score
Knowledge is King,

I was rocking the ,pink shirf with a pair of khakis and a belt of ,ribbon, like I aways do. Maybe he was jealous of my ,weejun.

Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Of course there is no way to justify the idiotic comment directed at you, but perhaps it was the way you wore it rather than the shirt itself?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no problem with pink shirts, I wear them regularly and have had similar comments directed at me, but just blow it off. The people calling the names have more of a problem than their wardrobe.

JB

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I see no problem with pink shirts, I wear them regularly and have had similar comments directed at me, but just blow it off. The people calling the names have more of a problem than their wardrobe.

JB

Although I'm sure that their wardrobe could use some tweaking as well.

Jon.

Reaction score
Perhaps he was asking for a, cigarette?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do you give a **** about what some idiot on the street thinks of your shirt?

I would have said.....real men wear pink.....or told him to go ************, whichever works
lol8[1].gif

John Ellis

Reaction score
I have stacks of pink shirts. Only one solid I think but lots of stripes, and gingham patterns large and small. They look great with grey suits, tan suits of one shade and another, blazers, linen jackets in blues and browns. Tell you're mexican friend to #$%^&( in the politest way possible.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it necessary to tell us he was a fat "Mexican" kid? Seems virtually irrelevant, unless you are suggesting most Mexicans don't have any stylistic or sartorial sensibilities. And if that's true, you probably shouldn't be offended whatsoever.

And I definitely dig the pink. Where you rocking it more like an AF or Jcrew model though? Sounds like it by your description.

element02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by khaki sack
A fat Mexican kid was walking by and called me the 'f' name.

Maybe it wasn't the shirt, but what you and/or your friends might have been doing before he walked by.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Was it necessary to tell us he was a fat "Mexican" kid

yes on both counts. and who knows if "Mexican" isn't just an epithet for Latino/Hispanic or someone who looks different?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by element02
Maybe it wasn't the shirt, but what you and/or your friends might have been doing before he walked by.

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads