• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

charles tyrwhitt

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CT details aren't gonna be great. Fabric doesn't match. No gauntlet button. Plastic buttons. My primary complaints. But ties are nice.

MichaelE

Reaction score
I just received a shirt from CT Friday. Cuffs match, collar matches, MOP buttons. Not sure what you are refering to.

Maybe on Italian shirts there is supposed to be a gauntlet button, not on English made shirts.

literasyme

Reaction score
They have a couple of shoes on deep discount right now (significantly cheaper than the Loake equivalents). I'd recommend using their UK site rather than the US one and do the conversions yourself, as theirs, both currency and shoe sizes, tend to be off.

khaki sack

Reaction score
Non matching patterns are ,a mark of, superior tailoring?

Originally Posted by sonlegoman
CT details aren't gonna be great. Fabric doesn't match.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I generally like the material and cut of the slim fit, but I hate the way that, for whatever reason, their top button is incredibly difficult to button and unbutton.

Doc4

Reaction score
I've been generally pleased. Shirts and ties from them tend to be good, and I'll agree with the tent-vs-kinda-slim-fit comments above.

Beware the made-in-china stuff, though. It can be hard to tell sometimes, but if the item was made anywhere half-decent (England, Italy, &c) they'll mention it.

corskc

Reaction score
I think some of the styles ct has are certainly interesting, but they are certainly only worth picking up on sale... especially with their 140s.

billiebob

Reaction score
I think their poplin slim fits are worth 50 bucks each. Mine have lasted 3 years so far. The "calf leather" shoes were a good deal for $150 as well.

JimInSoCalif

Reaction score
Despite what Flussers says, I don't see a gauntlet button being the mark of a well made shirt. Except for the shirts I buy from BB, I have MTM shirts made without that bothersome button. Unless the gauntlet is especially long I don't see the need for the button.

Cheers, Jim.

velvel87

Reaction score
I think the shirts are ok if you can find them for under $50, but the fabric on the regular shirts is really not great and it shrinks in the wash!!! And Yes, I know how to wash my shirts so don't say anything in regard to that.

darryl20

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They have probably the best priced sale items with plenty of styles. I always try to drop by their NYC store however I find that e shirts shrink a little bit at the sleeves.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Are they comparable to AE in quality?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the consensus is that if they're built to Loake 1880 standards, then it's better than AE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads