• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
A: I never asked for your comments, help, or insults with any of my fantasy teams. You just decided to volunteer them, mostly the insults. You keep misremembering things like that, and people are going to start thinking you are just a plain old liar.
You posted them in a thread about Fantasy and asked everyone for their opinion. I rendered it and you took umbrage. Then the insults started and have been pretty even on both sides. I don't think anyone gives a **** about who says what between you and I.

B: Generally, when people are repeatedly bested by someone in a series of fair contests, they have the grace and courtesy to shut the hell up and stop insulting them. Your antagonistic and insulting nature seem to be about all their is to you though, and your excuses as to why you continue to lose, underperform, make mistakes, and generally flail around like you are clueless are transparent and annoying.
You have won so far. But I don't give up. Ever. Especially amidst your rain of insults. If the situation were reversed would you do anything different?

I mean, seriously. You seriously expect anyone to believe that you are dead last in saves because it was your strategy? Amusing. So why did you waste three draft picks on closers? You must have decided to change your strategy after the season started. Which makes it less of a "strategy" and more of a "oh ****, i have to try and salvage something worthwhile out of my poor judgment". It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to debunk that stupid excuse. Enjoy your "domination" in the HLD category.
Holds are worth as much as saves. You drafted one holder. I drafted 3 holders and 2 closers. Bettancourt was a holder at the time, and has had a ****** year, like Perez did for you. So we dropped them. Holders are more valuable than closers but I'm not going to tell you why if you can't figure it out on your own.

At any rate, the closers you drafted have worked out very well for you. As have your free agent pickups. As have mine- whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

I change my strategy constantly after the season starts if the players I drafted to do a certain function don't do it. I'm not prescient. In every season in every sport there are surprises, good and bad. For instance- I drafted Taveras and Pierre for stolen bases, and they sucked so I dropped them. We can argue all day on who's dominating whom at what but it's really pretty even.

The standings will reflect this tomorrow morning. I've picked up a shitload of games on you the last 2 weeks, but the first two weeks you won the games I had to pick up.

You are misinformed about who would have won this week, however. It would have been me- 9-6-2. Not 13-3, but a win nevertheless.

Re the Yahoo season rankings-.

1. Your numbers on hitters are correct. I forgot about Martinez, but he's one of those guys you don't drop- like Sabathia, who's at 1113 or something.

2. However, my numbers for pitchers are pretty much as superior as yours for hitters. I could do the math, but it's counterproductive at this point.

And I do have 5 players in the Top 20; you have 3. You have 2 in the Top 10, I have 0.

All you have to do is keep your mouth shut and stop saying stupid, and obviously fallacious statements like that and maybe people would think you were less of a buffoon. As it is, you have a lot of gall questioning anything I do, insulting any moves I make, or belittling my team in any way - since you have STILL never beaten me, and maybe never will. I'm just smarter, better prepared, and just have more skill and luck than you. I've proven it over and over again. I continue to prove it.
At this point I don't think anyone else gives a **** what either of us thinks and I'll wager they're getting pretty tired of it.

Surprisingly enough we are also even on who talks trash first. You started it on the FBB site and I started it in this thread. Then I left it alone till you started it back up again.

I don't take this personally. To me it's all in good fun and if it's not for you there's nothing I can do about that. It's your choice.

I'm spending far too much time arguing with you on stupid **** like this.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You got anything left in the tank, Whacked? Now would be a good time for a weekend come-from-behind surprise victory. I bet Steve is wearing his rally-cap for you.

Looks like it's a tie, unless my back-of-an-envelop calculations fail. I almost pulled off a comeback. Almost. Friggin' Wakefield and Chad Qualls did me in.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Looks like it's a tie, unless my back-of-an-envelop calculations fail. I almost pulled off a comeback. Almost. Friggin' Wakefield and Chad Qualls did me in.
I don't want to infuriate Slim, and Yahoo may adjust the numbers tonight (StatTracker seems way behind for some reason), but you won 9-8.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
You posted them in a thread about Fantasy and asked everyone for their opinion. I rendered it and you took umbrage. Then the insults started and have been pretty even on both sides. I don't think anyone gives a **** about who says what between you and I.

No, I repeat, I did not ask for anyone's opinion. I have never asked for your opinion, your insults, or anything else. Go read the damn thread.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked

Good show. I can't believe how close that was!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

1. Your numbers on hitters are correct. I forgot about Martinez, but he's one of those guys you don't drop- like Sabathia, who's at 1113 or something.

You just got done berating me for being inflexible and unwilling to drop Sabbathia.
2. However, my numbers for pitchers are pretty much as superior as yours for hitters. I could do the math, but it's counterproductive at this point.
If you use the stats that show current performance, last month for example. Your current pitchers have an average rank of 202.6. I am right behind you at 209.7

That doesn't seem like much of an unbeatable advantage for you. And "counterproductive"? Only to your argument that you are so damn superior.
Surprisingly enough we are also even on who talks trash first. You started it on the FBB site and I started it in this thread. Then I left it alone till you started it back up again.
Uh... the baseball league was started by me, well after you talked **** in this thread. It was started by me because, despite all your 'experience' in fantasy sports, you didn't know how to invite people to the league, manage a league, or operate your computer.

I'm spending far too much time arguing with you on stupid **** like this.
I agree that you are spending too much time arguing.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to infuriate Slim, and Yahoo may adjust the numbers tonight (StatTracker seems way behind for some reason), but you won 9-8.

bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Good show. I can't believe how close that was!

Good game, Slim. May be I did have something up my sleeve after all...
1159[1].gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Slim:

Fine. You're correct about everything.

I offered to drop the matter.

Do you want to or not?

Steve

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Who else is up for some F Football?

Warren (drizzzt3117) commissioner? Slim?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Who else is up for some F Football? Warren (drizzzt3117) commissioner? Slim?
I am in as always. Be ready.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me in if the drizzt (who still checks the forum every once in a while despite being on a posting hiatus) is in.

Me. Wants. Revenge.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
5 so far. I'll PM Drizz.

Who else played last year?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads