• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Hello, Slim.

How goes it chum? I took it easy on the lady of our league last week. Don't take it as a sign of weakness.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You got anything left in the tank, Whacked? Now would be a good time for a weekend come-from-behind surprise victory. I bet Steve is wearing his rally-cap for you.

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm like hot butter on your breakfast toast.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I bet at this point everyone has their rally cap on for him.

No one likes a sore winner.

Especially when it's 5 weeks into the season and he has a ****** team.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You got anything left in the tank, Whacked? Now would be a good time for a weekend come-from-behind surprise victory. I bet Steve is wearing his rally-cap for you.

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm like hot butter on your breakfast toast.

What can I say? My Troy Glaus-at-the-Coor bet didn't do too hot, while Shields & Co. pulled off some miracles to give you the lead in IP & QS.

It'd be close regardless. And yes, I have my rally cap on too.

Edit: Chad Qualls, wow.
baldy[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
...and he has a ****** team.

You make me laugh Steve. You don't know a damn thing about strategy or fantasy baseball. If my team is so ******, how come I have a winning record in 11 out of 17 statistical categories for the season and you have only managed 7? Just for the kids at home, that means that per week, per category, Steve is only able to win .411 of the statistical categories consistently. I on the other hand, have a league leading .647 winning percentage per category, per week. I fully expect that number to be tempered a little as the season goes on, but we are a quarter or so of the way through the year already. Just wanted to point out that little fact so everyone is aware of how much Steve knows about winning. Nothing. since so far, he's losing more than he's winning.

Did I not completely destroy you 13-3 in week 2? Your jaw keeps flapping, but you continue to prove nothing but your incompetence.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Shields & Co. pulled off some miracles to give you the lead in IP & QS.

By the way, those aren't "miracles". If you'll notice, I am second in innings pitched, and tied for first in QS. Its called consistency in excellence. Don't let Steve fool you with his ignorant **** talking, My team is much better than he gives me credit for. Which is why I've been leading the league by a pretty good margin for the first quarter of a season. I'm not saying its gonna stay that way, but I'd rather be in first... than in fourth.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
You make me laugh Steve. You don't know a damn thing about strategy or fantasy baseball. If my team is so ******, how come I have a winning record in 11 out of 17 statistical categories for the season and you have only managed 7? Just for the kids at home, that means that per week, per category, Steve is only able to win .411 of the statistical categories consistently. I on the other hand, have a league leading .647 winning percentage per category, per week. I fully expect that number to be tempered a little as the season goes on, but we are a quarter or so of the way through the year already. Just wanted to point out that little fact so everyone is aware of how much Steve knows about winning. Nothing. since so far, he's losing more than he's winning.
Then why is your winning pct. .618 and mine .528, Einstein? Perhaps because I'm catching you and will soon go ahead?

Utley and Burrell are carrying your hitters. As they cool off you'll be in an even bigger load of **** than you are now. Fading Fast- your crappy team starting to settle into their ****** historical numbers.The only reason you're in first is because you had good weeks in 1 and 2.

WHO are you second in QS to? ME- and it's not close. I'm obliterating you in W, H, ERA, WHIP, and K/9. You're winning saves and IP- 3 out of 8- .375 to .625 for me. As I said in the beginning of the season- your pitchers suck.

As for hitters you have R, HR, RBI, 3B (by one). I have 2B, SB, H, AVG, OBP. 5-4 for me.

Did I not completely destroy you 13-3 in week 2? Your jaw keeps flapping, but you continue to prove nothing but your incompetence.
I jockeyed my team around after the first 2 weeks, and since then have gained 5 games on you, and performed much better in head-to-head stats. Perhaps it'll be more by the end of this week. As I said at the time, I was just giving you a head start to prove my total dominance over you.

I can't wait for week 11 to stomp you and grind you under my boot.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Then why is your winning pct. .618 and mine .528, Einstein? Perhaps because I'm catching you and will soon go ahead?

No... your math sucks. Do it again.

You have a winning record in 7 out of 17 statistical categories. That is not .528, dunce.

Utley and Burrell are carrying your hitters. As they cool off you'll be in an even bigger load of **** than you are now. Fading Fast- your crappy team starting to settle into their ****** historical numbers.The only reason you're in first is because you had good weeks in 1 and 2.
Utley and Burrell huh? Strange. Lets see, last time I checked, I have the 2nd,6th,17th, 29th, 57th, 90th, and 93rd ranked position players in the Yahoo fantasy game on my roster. Your team doesn't even come close.

Utley and Burrell have both been slumping for a week now, I'm still winning. In fact, I'd still be beating you if we were playing head to head this week. Go figure.

WHO are you second in QS to? ME- and it's not close.
WTF are you talking about? I am not second in QS. As of right now, if Vasquez gets a QS - we will be tied. If he doesn't get a QS, I am beating you and in first place. You are a dunce.
I'm obliterating you in W, H, ERA, WHIP, and K/9. You're winning saves and IP- 3 out of 8- .375 to .625 for me. As I said in the beginning of the season- your pitchers suck.
You obviously can't read. I don't really know what to tell you. Your stats are wrong. Obliterated in ERA and WHIP? I wouldn't call that being obliterated. We are pretty damn even. The only reason you are ahead in HLD's is because you are so damn far behind in SVs . You don't have a closer worth a ****.

I can't wait for week 11 to stomp you and grind you under my boot.
Frankly, I don't even think you are going to get that close to beating me. Remember that God hates you, and your false pride. You said the same thing before week 2, and look how bad you did. 13-3 just to remind you. I've been tweaking my team a little too, as has everyone else in the league, don't worry, I've seen every one you've picked up, and none of them scare me much.

So, what happens in week eleven when you lose to me AGAIN? You are just going to keep on babbling incoherently and making excuses, aren't you?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
your crappy team starting to settle into their ****** historical numbers
Hahaha

Yes, because I'm "settling" into a team with a +.300 Batting average and a pitching staff with a sub 4.0 ERA for the past month, glad to see you are paying attention Steve.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
No... your math sucks. Do it again.

You have a winning record in 7 out of 17 statistical categories. That is not .528, dunce.
You're talking about head to head categories, not standings. Which is how you WIN. Who's the dunce?

Utley and Burrell huh? Strange. Lets see, last time I checked, I have the 2nd,6th,17th, 29th, 57th, 90th, and 93rd ranked position players in the Yahoo fantasy game on my roster. Your team doesn't even come close.
I know- it's better. Nos. 10, 12 , 14, 15, 20, 27, 46, 68. You can't read either?

WTF are you talking about? I am not second in QS. As of right now, if Vasquez gets a QS - we will be tied. If he doesn't get a QS, I am beating you and in first place. You are a dunce.
I have 38 quality starts, you have 39. My mistake- guess I was looking at wins. I have 39, you have 23. That's OBLITERATION.

My ERA is 2.82, yours 2.94. My WHIP 1.11, yours 1.14. My K/9 7.6, Yours 7.0. 3 for 3- a solid trouncing.

It was part of my strategy to go for Holds, not Saves. Guess why, Rocket Scientist?

Hahaha

Yes, because I'm "settling" into a team with a +.300 Batting average and a pitching staff with a sub 4.0 ERA for the past month, glad to see you are paying attention Steve.
Anyone who can't get under 4.00 in Fantasy is a marsupial. Sound familiar? Mine will get better as I'm willing to dump players, and you will hold on to Sabbathia and Hernandez for IP like a dumb ****.

Same with .300. Strangely enough we have EXACTLY the same BA. That makes hitting 4-4-1. But I'm 5-0 in H2H and you're 1-3-1.

Frankly, I don't even think you are going to get that close to beating me.
Wanna bet on it, or is it too expensive to keep shipping salmon to me (quite good by the way)?

Remember that God hates you, and your false pride.
I'd think if God exists he/she/it would probably view hubris and insane pursuit of vengeance equally.

You said the same thing before week 2, and look how bad you did. 13-3 just to remind you. I've been tweaking my team a little too, as has everyone else in the league, don't worry, I've seen every one you've picked up, and none of them scare me much.
Naaah- nothing like the NL ERA leader, the co-leaders in wins in the AL, and the 2nd place RBI man in the NL. 4 top 20 players. You are the consummate buffoon.

So, what happens in week eleven when you lose to me AGAIN? You are just going to keep on babbling incoherently and making excuses, aren't you?
Nope- gonna beat you like a drum and shut your yap for a nanosecond or so...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nope- gonna beat you like a drum and shut your yap for a nanosecond or so...

Funny, Thats been my goal for the past three years. To shut you up. You keep on acting like a dick though, regardless of how badly I've shown you up.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You're talking about head to head categories, not standings. Which is how you WIN. Who's the dunce?
Thanks for proving my point Steve. Yes, I'm talking head to head categories, which is how you win, not your overall winning record. Your overall standing is NOT how you win, it just shows how lucky you've been. You are the dunce.
I know- it's better. Nos. 10, 12 , 14, 15, 20, 27, 46, 68. You can't read either?
Steve, you blind old fool, you are smoking crack again. Your team's Yahoo offensive player rankings as of this morning are as follows: 616, 15, 61, 27, 162, 14, 198, 262, 33, 132, 154 Which is an average player ranking of 152.1 mine are: 100, 69, 3, 213, 86, 21, 41, 228, 20, 102, 6, 124 Which is an average player ranking of 84.4 So basically, as far as Yahoo! scoring is concerned, my offensive players are ranked much higher than yours. I love how every time I say something like this, you reply with a blatant and easily disprovable lie. You just make up numbers out of your head that you hope nobody researches. (and just so there's no excuse, even WITHOUT your horrible catcher, who contributes in exactly two statistical categories, and stinks up your whole lineup - your offensive squad is still only an average of 96.1)
I have 38 quality starts, you have 39. My mistake- guess I was looking at wins. I have 39, you have 23. That's OBLITERATION.
Yes, it is, but W and HLD alone will not allow you beat me. No matter how many stats you pile up in the same couple of categories, I have a much more balanced team than you, and I will out play you in more categories than that on a week to week basis.
My ERA is 2.82, yours 2.94. My WHIP 1.11, yours 1.14. My K/9 7.6, Yours 7.0. 3 for 3- a solid trouncing.
Like I said, not "obliteration" by a longshot. ERA and WHIP are pretty much even. k/9 you have the edge as far as the season goes, but with Sabbathia and Lincecum hitting their strides, i am confident that I can at least match, and probably beat you any given week in all three categories.
It was part of my strategy to go for Holds, not Saves. Guess why, Rocket Scientist?
Um... because you couldn't evaluate closer talent for ****? Maybe its because, like the rest of your team, you got overly enamored with one or two statistical categories and put all your energy into pumping up one stat instead of making sure all your stat categories could produce.
Anyone who can't get under 4.00 in Fantasy is a marsupial. Sound familiar? Mine will get better as I'm willing to dump players, and you will hold on to Sabbathia and Hernandez for IP like a dumb ****.
Uh, Steve, I hate to break it to you, but this makes you sound like an ignorant asshole.
smile.gif
For the Season, there are only 5 teams in our league with a team ERA under 4.00. Neither one of US are on that list. My ERA will get better because I have great pitchers who traditionally start off the season slow, and then become studs who are consistently among the league leaders in several statistical categories.. I don't believe for a second that you'd dump Brandon Webb if he had a rough month. Sabbathia's "settling into his career average" as you so aptly put it a few posts ago...his last 4 games : 27 innings, 32 SO, 6 walks, 1.98 ERA Livan Hernandez goes deep in games, piles up IP, QS, W, and threw a complete game one run ballgame last week. I know he's not going to stay hot forever, but you'd be an idiot to ditch him while he's rolling.
Same with .300. Strangely enough we have EXACTLY the same BA. That makes hitting 4-4-1. But I'm 5-0 in H2H and you're 1-3-1.
Again, you are making up, misreading, or just too lazy to look up the numbers. You win BA as far as season-long statistics go by quite a bit. H, SB,BA, and OBP are your offensive strongsuits. In our H2H matchup though I was able to steal H away from you and tie up OBP, which was generally unnecessary considering that I nearly swept the pitching categories from you without really trying.
Wanna bet on it, or is it too expensive to keep shipping salmon to me (quite good by the way)?
Steve, why are you always so eager to "bet" me? Why don't you shut up, and prove that you can even hang in the same league with me instead? If we'd bet nearly as often as you'd wanted to, you'd have like a 1-10 record against me. As it is, I'm not interested in betting, and I don't have any money.
I'd think if God exists he/she/it would probably view hubris and insane pursuit of vengeance equally.
Hubris? In Ancient Greece, "hubris" referred to actions taken in order to shame and humiliate the victim, thereby making oneself seem superior.That sounds exactly like you, except that you have no reason or motivation to feel superior to me in this particular arena. I've already repeatedly PROVED my superiority, year after year after year. And I'm on my way to doing it again. I only point it out when you get that "holier than thou", "I know more about fantasy sports than you" attitude, when it should be pretty clear to everyone at this stage that you really don't. You just like shooting your mouth off and being a prick. Thats part of it I guess. You can also add, dishonesty, ignorance, being an extremely poor loser, and not knowing when to shut up when you have nothing intelligent to say, to the list.
Naaah- nothing like the NL ERA leader, the co-leaders in wins in the AL, and the 2nd place RBI man in the NL. 4 top 20 players. You are the consummate buffoon.
Volquez has also issued the 4th most walks in the NL. Sooner, rather than later, thats going to catch up with him. Congrats on your pickup.
smile.gif
As for Santana and Saunders: those are actually pretty good acquisitions for you right NOW. They have been hot. Saunders has never pitched more than 107 innings in a season though, and I doubt he's going to be much of a factor or be able to remain playing at this high a level by week 11. Ervin Santana looks like Johan Santana for the moment, but the problem is this - A; He's pitched well against ****** teams like KC. B: He was 7-14 last year with a 5.76 ERA (and the Angels were great last year!) and C: He's traditionally a very streaky pitcher, who's mechanics fall apart on him on a regular basis. Good luck with both of them. I'll be waiting for you to drop Webb on the waivers when he has a couple bad games.
smile.gif
X-Man is currently second in the NL in RBI, but thats semantics. He was a good pickup. So you have the number 2 NL RBI guy. Good job. I have numbers 3,5,7, and 12 on that list.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'd just like to point out that if this is your "strategy" its only because the three ill-advised closers you DRAFTED didn't pan out. It looks more like you just didn't know what you were doing, all the good closers were gone, so you decided to take short relief and setup guys instead.

I'd like to point out that the two closers i drafted Soria and Ryan, both have 0.00 ERA's, and even though I traded ** Ryan out for George Sherrill as soon as I found out Georgie would be closing for sure, I am third in the league in saves, with who I brought to the dance in week one. If Ryan's team could hit the damn ball and score occasionally, he'd be a hell of a closer. He just doesn't get enough opportunities.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
You are flat, f***ng crazy. This all started 2 years ago when you posted a team in a thread and ASKED for comments on it. Which I did. Since then you've made that out as a question to your manhood, what little there is of it.

I could go back toe-to-toe with you on your errant statistics and comparison of them, but it's a waste of breath.

Here's the deal, if (when) I win, I will be a gracious winner, and not tap-dance on your Fantasy grave.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You are flat, f***ng crazy. This all started 2 years ago when you posted a team in a thread and ASKED for comments on it. Which I did. Since then you've made that out as a question to your manhood, what little there is of it.

A: I never asked for your comments, help, or insults with any of my fantasy teams. You just decided to volunteer them, mostly the insults. You keep misremembering things like that, and people are going to start thinking you are just a plain old liar.

B: Generally, when people are repeatedly bested by someone in a series of fair contests, they have the grace and courtesy to shut the hell up and stop insulting them. Your antagonistic and insulting nature seem to be about all their is to you though, and your excuses as to why you continue to lose, underperform, make mistakes, and generally flail around like you are clueless are transparent and annoying.

I mean, seriously. You seriously expect anyone to believe that you are dead last in saves because it was your strategy? Amusing. So why did you waste three draft picks on closers? You must have decided to change your strategy after the season started. Which makes it less of a "strategy" and more of a "oh ****, i have to try and salvage something worthwhile out of my poor judgment". It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to debunk that stupid excuse. Enjoy your "domination" in the HLD category.

All you have to do is keep your mouth shut and stop saying stupid, and obviously fallacious statements like that and maybe people would think you were less of a buffoon. As it is, you have a lot of gall questioning anything I do, insulting any moves I make, or belittling my team in any way - since you have STILL never beaten me, and maybe never will. I'm just smarter, better prepared, and just have more skill and luck than you. I've proven it over and over again. I continue to prove it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads