• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB69

Reaction score
Damn!!!!! Am even scared to post my lil thingy......Wit all dem Omegaz n dem names i aint even heard of..

Am rockin the Guess man...

I think they make nice watches

IMG_0090.jpg

NOLA1

Reaction score
Naw son, that Guess is tight, naw mean!

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JLC Reverso - not sure why my cuff looks so odd in this pic
photo-6.jpg

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
last time I checked, it was $20,000 USD and all sold out before it hits the market. It's nearly impossible to get one even if you have the dough.
frown.gif

This fool says he got one and tossed it in the closet, because...well, basically he's a pansy. He wants a Hamilton instead, maybe he'll trade you for it.
Originally Posted by deranged
Hi all, i'm new to this forum and need some help from the watch experts here. I'm looking to buy a watch. Don't know what they're called, but its the kind with a leather strap and a thin round face. I want the deisgn to be simple and sophisticated. I was thinking about dark brown leather strap and white face with silver trim, but i'm open to opinions. My dad got me a tag calibre 360 for my 18th birthday, but its big and clunky and it hurts my wrist after extended wearings so its usually just in my closet. So i'm looking for the opposite of that. I saw some nice looking ones in GQ ads from Cartier, but I don't know if their price to quality ratio is any good. I'm looking to wear this watch everyday casually (polo and sneakers) and i can also wear with a suit. I'm going to buffalo in 2 weeks so maybe prices are better in the states. does anyone recommend any places i can check out (warehouses) or any specific models and brands? I'm looking to spend around 500 (i'm in university, no money). Thanks for your time
smile.gif

For those who were asking about the 1/100 second dial, here is a very sweet vid showcasing it. It gets next level at 1:39.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certina Vintage 1960. Swiss mechanical. Not exactly Appreciation, but I love this little watch. Nicely recrafted by The Little Shoppe of Horology here in Mississauga. Silver finish. My crappy photo skillz suggest a little gold. It is a silver case, though, with a little gold on the face.
certina.jpg

misterbowles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Certina

Vintage 1960. Swiss mechanical. Not exactly Appreciation, but I love this little watch. Nicely recrafted by The Little Shoppe of Horology here in Mississauga. Silver finish. My crappy photo skillz suggest a little gold. It is a silver case, though, with a little gold on the face.

certina.jpg

That's a nice timepiece; exactly the type I collect!

c_del

Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Certina Vintage 1960. Swiss mechanical. Not exactly Appreciation, but I love this little watch. Nicely recrafted by The Little Shoppe of Horology here in Mississauga. Silver finish. My crappy photo skillz suggest a little gold. It is a silver case, though, with a little gold on the face.
certina.jpg

Nice watch. Good to see a fellow Mississaugan (?) on here. Where is that shop?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patek Dual Time -

Old pic, I never wear it - too much bling for me. I inherited it though, so I haven't gotten up the gumption to sell it. For now, it sits in a safety deposit box . . . .

watch.jpg

c_del

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Patek Dual Time -

Old pic, I never wear it - too much bling for me. I inherited it though, so I haven't gotten up the gumption to sell it. For now, it sits in a safety deposit box . . . .

watch.jpg

Nice! A nice brown leather strap would fix the bling problem a bit, although I like that bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads