• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Shirts?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where would I get some cool and inexpensive western shirts the ones with the yokes and crazy plaid patterns? I don't really wanna spend more than $40 a shirt.

Conrad

Reaction score
Go to a tractor and farm supply (orschelns, bucheits, and family center are ones around me). they'll have farm supplies in most of the store, but they'll have at least a small section with clothing.

Goblin

Reaction score
Last year I picked up about 5 American Eagle "vintage slim fit" western shirts for about $14 each on sale, and have been very pleased with them. They have either no logo or a nearly imperceptible logo near the side seam, etc. ... I've never had anyone notice that they're AE shirts, and everyone who knows me would give me **** about it if they noticed. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they still stock them, at least online.

seamless74

Reaction score
geez how many times do i have to say it... if you want cool western shirts i mean actual western shirts that dont look douchey or of the wall and make you look like a marsupial... please just buy levis or wrangler... its just that simple.. instant vintage appeal and tried and true styles that look better over time and with repeated wears and their fits are spot on as well... please dont make it harder than it is,, to try to look cool.. and its not the western shirt per say its how you wear it that matters...ever heard of ebay?

and please unbutton the top two buttons...and roll up the sleeves.

morse9443

Reaction score
Sheplers.com has tons of these for real cheap. I think I got one or two for around $15 or $20.

Goblin

Reaction score
Second on Shepler's. They even have an entire section of self-consciously retro designs.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ One of the brands available at Shepler's, Panhandle Slim, definitely makes some next level sh*t:
092c36_01_p1_440x440.jpg

092c03_89_p1_440x440.jpg

western x Affliction?

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
gonna be hard to find in L.A.
I believe there are one or two good sized truck stops out in the San Gabriel valley. I would try those.

tatet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Levis.com generally has some with good color patterns. I have one that i like a bunch. Also, ebay is a great resource for western shirts. Most vintage sellers have measurements listed. If you're skinny, i can probably sell you a vintage levis one i have. Lemme know

I'm 5'5", would it be too long on me?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Thrift Stores, the newer ones are pretty **** looking.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
gonna be hard to find in L.A.
There are plenty of thrift stores in LA, ranging from the "we've got it all" Aardvaark's to "we find it so you don't have to" Ozzie Dots.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who you should see some of this RRL **** I copped. I got a few amazing henleys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads