• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what's your most douchebaggy piece of clothing?

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its not a famous family, the guy said he wanted us to adopt him and i told him that i live in a dysfunctional family. did not claim to be from some grand legacy of any sort, so no need to know.

mimesis

Reaction score
DSquared2 would've been a joint venture between my parents and the twins had some legal issues not arised...wonder what direction the brand would've taken if that happened. Sorry i don't name drop but i'm fuckin proud of the fact Dean and Dan Caten used to work for my moms, back when she was partying in Toronto with Tim Blanks.

Ya, it was that which made me think you were some highfalutin personality.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well that part is true, yes. The Catens worked for my mother long before they achieved fame of any sort. Likewise my mother's friendship with Tim.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
I have a pink Penguin polo I got a few years ago (Jeez, I think I had it in high school, so 6 years ago). It is a nice polo, looks good, but the connotations of wearing a pink polo these days is too much for me too handle.

There are connotations of wearing a pink polo? Is this something that exists only in the Streetwear forum or is it something I really need to know about? I wore a pink polo today, and except for it being a rather cold day for a polo, nobody so much as raised an eyebrow.

So, what's wrong with a pink polo, if I ain't bein' too inquisitive?
eh.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
There are connotations of wearing a pink polo? Is this something that exists only in the Streetwear forum or is it something I really need to know about? I wore a pink polo today, and except for it being a rather cold day for a polo, nobody so much as raised an eyebrow. So, what's wrong with a pink polo, if I ain't bein' too inquisitive?
eh.gif

You need to understand something here.
87274365kn8.jpg
433a27494d3dc281ks3.jpg
17423265ug5.jpg
10070679bt3.jpg

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, given an overall style it is still possible to wear certainly. But I am usually in jeans and do not want to be made an example of on the internet like the guys above.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
kanye-west-3.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes that's the pic i mentioned in the other thread...he looks horrible there

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two pairs of slouchy 7s and a pair of Prada Sport loafers (often worn together, too
smile.gif
). Not ashamed of either in the least, though, all were purchased since I started reading here.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Ralph Lauren Polo shirts (with the logo) count? I wear those casually pretty often, though I don't think they have the douchey association that A+F or Lacoste polos do. They're kind of just a preppy staple around here.

Goblin

Reaction score
You live close enough to actual polo grounds to wear Teh Pony.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
You live close enough to actual polo grounds to wear Teh Pony.
i still rocked the fred perry and docs when riding my mom's horse by the neighborhood polo field. i don't have an issue with ralph lauren polos though.

douchiest item: probably a brown leather Energie jacket, though it's really the brand that is lame. The jacket is actually pretty cool.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have a shiny plasticy raf simons blazer that makes me look like the doc severenson of eastern europe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads