• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Albums you'd like to see, but are never coming out

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I listen to mostly hip hop and follow this genre pretty closely i can name tons of albums that were destined to come out but have been pushed back for years and some are probably on the shelf indefinitely or got scrapped altogether. What are some albums you've been "looking forward" to for the past 20 years?

Mine:

- Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg - Breaks Ups 2 Make Ups: officially announced during the 2001 era, i think this would've been good if they took it back to Dre's sound during the early Death Row era, with heavy emphasis on 70s soul/funk/black comedy. Probably unlikely...i'm guessing it would've sounded something like a hybrid between No Limit Top Dogg and Last Meal.

- Dr. Dre - The Chronic 2: Not to be confused with 2001 which was the actual follow up, this was the album announced to have Pac, Dogg Pound, Snoop, basically west coast rap at its finest before Dre couldn't take the politics at DR any more and jumped ship to start Aftermath.

- Dr. Dre (this guy takes the cake in stuff that's announced but not happening) & Timbaland - Chairmen of the Board: I think it would've been interesting to see what hip hop's 2 best producers ever would've come up with. But compilation albums, even by brilliant producers, tend to be very hit and miss. Just look at Timbo's Shock Value, wasn't a brilliant album by any means, his work on Hard Candy and Futuresex/Lovesounds are much better.

- Dr. Dre - Detox: Anyone who's into hip hop in the slightest knows about this urban legend of an album.

- Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2: Another Dre related travesty, Rae signed to Aftermath and got shelved indefinitely...whole record was supposed to be Dre/RZA on the boards...Rae hasn't done much in years but i was hoping at least to hear some good production.

- Raekwon & Ghostface - R.A.G.U (Rae & Ghost United): This album was announced like a decade ago...Ghost is doin fine on his own so i dont think this is happening. If so i would've liked to see it manifest itself on OB4CL2

- 50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct: Supposedly 50's last album before he retires from making full length albums, he "claims" he was gonna take it back to his street and mixtape roots with a whole disc of nothing but street **** and go out where it started. Supposedly heavily influenced by Motown sound of old...of course this would be a classic if it happened but knowing 50 his next (probably not last either) album will probably have a few Candy Shops thrown in for good measure.

- Jay-Z - prequel to Reasonable Doubt: this was what The Black Album was gonna be, him dropping a soulful street record out of nowhere with the album ending on the 'Ain't no woman like the one i got' sample...would've been great if something like this happened but then it didn't. If it did i would've liked to give it the title "A Portrait of the Hustler as a Young Man"

i don't know if mythical records happen a lot in other genres of music, but given hip hop's flair for big talk and flip flopping it's a disappointingly regular occurrence...i know of G&R's Chinese Democracy but that's about it

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yeah also throw Saigon's album in there. what the hell is goin on with that? Just Blaze get your act together!

TeeMillz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
oh yeah also throw Saigon's album in there. what the hell is goin on with that? Just Blaze get your act together!

I have good faith Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 is going to release this summer.
smile.gif

It seems Saigon is never going to release an album haha, he's been out since 2001 and has released nothing nothing but mixtapes. Just delay after delay...
confused.gif

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Chinese Democracy by Guns 'n Roses!

centalones

Reaction score
- Raekwon & Ghostface - R.A.G.U (Rae & Ghost United): This album was announced like a decade ago...Ghost is doin fine on his own so i dont think this is happening. If so i would've liked to see it manifest itself on OB4CL2

There was a track titled this on Ghostface's album Fishscale.
There is also this. You can stop waiting on this one.

centalones

Reaction score
I would like to see a new Future Sound of London album where they aren't playing sitars and singing like hippies.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TeeMillz
I have good faith Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 is going to release this summer.
smile.gif

It seems Saigon is never going to release an album haha, he's been out since 2001 and has released nothing nothing but mixtapes. Just delay after delay...
confused.gif

I have good faith OB4CL2 hasn't even started recording yet, or at least completed songs that Dre will green light for the final album (if it's even on his mind any more at this point).

Saigon has to be the biggest tragedy story in hip hop...

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and in G-Unit never will bes...

MOP anyone? LL Cool J? That place has become a retirement home. I feel bad as hell for my man Young Buck who is getting the Game treatment it looks like. Dude's the only guy out of G Unit roster who can still make good music at this point.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
New Fugees.

This woulda been good had it come out during the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill era...but now Lauryn's a nutjob and Wyclef hasn't done anything worthwhile other than the Shakira song, Pras fell off the face of the earth. I don't know if i'd care about a fugees album were it to come out today

w.mj

Reaction score
Electric Nebraska - Bruce Springsteen

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
I'd be overjoyed if Neutral Milk Hotel would come out with a new album.
frown.gif

TeeMillz

Reaction score
I have good faith OB4CL2 hasn't even started recording yet, or at least completed songs that Dre will green light for the final album (if it's even on his mind any more at this point). Saigon has to be the biggest tragedy story in hip hop...
Really? Raekwon has said it is near complete, then again hes said that before. We'll see I guess.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.mj
Electric Nebraska - Bruce Springsteen
That would be pretty badass. I'd love to a see a Mavis Staples/Herbie Hancock collaboration.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Massive Attack's Weather Underground.

Whatever the hell else was coming from Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics