• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Sale Begins May 15th

rando

Reaction score
If anyone is able to find a store with the grants in chestnut size 8d, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated!

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rando
If anyone is able to find a store with the grants in chestnut size 8d, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated!

I would certainly be interested myself. I know the New York store does not, and the Rodeo Drive store only had them in a 7.5D. Please let me know if you hear otherwise.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say this is spot on regarding the 89 last. I'm normally a 10D, but the Hutton spectator in 10D fit alright but was a bit long. There seemed to be a good inch between my toe and the end of the shoe. So I actually went down a half size to 9.5D. A bit snug but seemed to be a better fit. I think it will eventually fit very well around the foot as most EGs tend to conform to the foot over time.

Interestingly enough, my EG Malvern III on the 202 last in a 10.5D was not more than .25 inches longer than the Hutton spec in 9.5D on the 89 last. The Malvern is much roomier (probably a half size too big, but I cant bring myself to part with it), but lengthwise there is only a marginal difference between the 10.5D on the 202 and 9.5 on the 89. Go figure
confused.gif

Originally Posted by leon12
My take on sizing, all in US. I am a 10D in AE PA:
The 9.5D 888 was too tight for me to get my foot in.
The 10D 888 fit well enough but very tight in the toes.. I would have stretched them.
The 10.5D was too long.

The 9.5D 89 is Perfect.
The 10D 89 fits snuggly in all the right places but is a touch long.

If you have a slightly wide foot, the 888 is going to be tight, but not the 89.

I would never go up 1/2 size in the 89..
I would go up 1/2 size in the 888 but only if you have slightly wide feet.
If you have wide feet, you need to track down a E width

I haven't noticed a discernible difference between monks/laceups.

rando

Reaction score
According to SA at the LA store, there are no chestnut grants in size 8 left anywhere. If anyone wants to trade for the black grants in 8 or black edens in 7.5, let me know!

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rando
According to SA at the LA store, there are no chestnut grants in size 8 left anywhere. If anyone wants to trade for the black grants in 8 or black edens in 7.5, let me know!

did they not have the black edens in 7.5 at the LA store? do you have their number? I'm interested in a pair of Polo shoes I can't find hear on the east coast.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
if anyone is looking for the basic RLBL suits on sale, bloomies is doing 40% on them...RL is doing 30%+20% on "fancy suits" so that's about 44%...only a 4% difference...

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
Aportnoy, just curious, which sizes did you take in the Grant vs. Peering. I posted earlier on this very question. Still clinging to the hope....

Pledge, I think there's no way you can successfully size up in the 89, but you clearly want to try. Why not just order them and return them if they don't fit?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
if anyone is looking for the basic RLBL suits on sale, bloomies is doing 40% on them...RL is doing 30%+20% on "fancy suits" so that's about 44%...only a 4% difference...

Since when did Bloomies sell Black Label?

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Pledge, I think there's no way you can successfully size up in the 89, but you clearly want to try. Why not just order them and return them if they don't fit?

DocHolliday, your input certainly was not lost on me. While I would love to have the shoes, by all accounts you are right, and so, alas, i will be without the Peerings. Did I ever ask for your feedback on the Edens; those I think I can get in a 7.5. Thanks.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
DocHolliday, your input certainly was not lost on me. While I would love to have the shoes, by all accounts you are right, and so, alas, i will be without the Peerings. Did I ever ask for your feedback on the Edens; those I think I can get in a 7.5. Thanks.
I believe that the Peering is on the 82 last, not the 89. How the 82 last for RLPL fits, I do not know. The 82 fits similarly to the 888 in EG.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King

I don't know since when, but the Bloomingdale's in Chestnut Hill, MA carries Black Label.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I assume he means Blue Label. Usage seems to vary around here.
Originally Posted by haganah
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/about/...ognc?newsID=79 This says they do in that branch. I have no idea about other ones...not even NY since I try not to cross the lexington border.
Bloomies in Chevy Chase sells Black Label
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I believe that the Peering is on the 82 last, not the 89. How the 82 last for RLPL fits, I do not know. The 82 fits similarly to the 888 in EG.
Incorrect. The 8D Peerings in question are mine and are on the 89 last.

fire-ballz

Reaction score
Can anyone be kind enough to scan me the extra 15% kicker. The Ralph Lauren store in Houston will not give me the extra kicker unless I bring the ticket in. Also, they say that the sale is only a 30% off retail and not the 40% this thread is claiming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics