• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
shirts....

As I type this, the first Kent WangxTaT shirt collab should be in Kent's hands. There's only a few made in each size...I'm going to have to have Kent weigh in on specifics of what sizes and how many, but iirc there's only like 3 of each size or something very limited. The fabric is a royal oxford in a candy stripe. The one I have is a lightish blue candy stripe, cant remember if he did one in a red as well. But the fabric only had enough for this run, so what is made is it.

Fit-wise it's basically the BoO fit with some variance. But you get the idea if I say that it fits like BoO, down the the high arms and very slim sleeve.

Fabric is really nice, a royal oxford, with button down collar, MoP buttons, no pleats in back. I'm not sure if he ended up making the lengths short (a la BoO) or normal (like mine) that is meant to be tucked in.

Price....again, I'll have to have Kent verify but it's around $100 or just under.

We basically made a shirt with details that we both agreed on, tho there are aspects I would have liked to do that we didnt, and I'm sure there are aspects we did that he may not have wanted, so it was an equal compromise on the details, but the fit is def in line with what guys like on this forum.

I'll post a pic of myself wearing mine tomorrow.

I'd like to make my own shirts, but it's still not something on the immediate horizon. If/when I do the first shirts will be like the shirt-jac that i had Jantzen make for me that I posted a few months back.

Awesome that's almost exactly what I was looking for (except not RTW, but MTM).

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These shirts sound like they could be absolutely perfect.

And Jason, believe it or not I may actually have you make me a pair of red trousers down the road so don't burn up that fabric too quickly.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
here's a pic of the KWxTaT shirt

royal oxford fabric, blue candy stripe. buttondown collar

closeup shows the pattern matching (across shoulder to sleeve and on cuff placket) that give hardons to guys on this forum

Kent has the details, so hopefully he'll put some up sometime soon.

5808piclz1.jpg

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a damn nice shirt, Jason.
worship.gif

I look forward to getting a few of these as soon as they're available.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want one :p You guys should wait until June 1st

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there no front pocket?

Dandy Highwayman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
here's a pic of the KWxTaT shirt

royal oxford fabric, blue candy stripe. buttondown collar

closeup shows the pattern matching (across shoulder to sleeve and on cuff placket) that give hardons to guys on this forum

Kent has the details, so hopefully he'll put some up sometime soon.

5808piclz1.jpg

Exciting! Well-fitting shirts are another thing I'll be looking for soon. I'll look forward to the day these are available.
smile.gif

Just got confirmation my suit was shipped today too, can't wait!

nickG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dandy Highwayman
Exciting! Well-fitting shirts are another thing I'll be looking for soon. I'll look forward to the day these are available.
smile.gif

Got my confirmation on the shipping too. Pics will be up as soon as I can, in the process of gradutation and moving....ill be sure to wear it to at least one grad party haha

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dandy Highwayman

Originally Posted by nickG
Got my confirmation on the shipping too. Pics will be up as soon as I can, in the process of gradutation and moving....ill be sure to wear it to at least one grad party haha

Out of curiosity, when did you order your suits. I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive mine. Thanks!

gamblor

Reaction score
Just in my new suit, here are the specs:

Charcoal 1 Btn
Slightly wider notch lapels
Bit of extra length
Straighter leg with side pockets

I think the fit is pretty good. The main issue seems to be my dropped right shoulder causing a break in the jacket. I mentioned the dropped shoulder once in working out the details with GS though I'm not sure the pattern was altered for it. In any case it would likely have been difficult for me to guess and communicate what would fix it to GS.

My tailor pressed it for me and recommended I wear it a while first and then look at doing alterations. He recognized the brand when I asked his opinion on it as a few others had passed through his shop.

I used skin measurements for the jacket but was concerned with doing so for the pants so GS made them a copy of a pair of Theory pants I have. My guess is the rise is slightly lower and the knee to hem part straighter than the House Style.

Let me know any opinions on the suit, what to change for the next one, or criticism of the accessories (white loafers?)

Thanks-

nickG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Out of curiosity, when did you order your suits. I'm just wondering when I can expect to receive mine. Thanks!

i placed my order around april 8th.

and to gamblor, i think the suit looks great. but im no expert and hopefully mine comes out just as nice looking.

swooc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamblor
Just in my new suit, here are the specs:

looks good, the jacket however is a tad big at the chest down to the wasit imo.

also a thicker and bigger knot tie would look better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics