• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

palladio211

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pennydog1
Hi there i could do with some help on the purchase of RM WIlliams Comfort Craftsman. I usually take size 10.5(US) in Timberland and bought some Comfort Craftsmans size 9.5(Aus) they feel ok but i camn slightly feel the end of the boot??!! I have spoke to the people i bought from and they are sending me size 10(Aus) to try and they are telling me to choose between the two. I just wondered if anyone had experience as towhether they stretch length wise?? sorry to go on.
I'd go with the longer boot. I'm a US 11 C, and originally I bought the Craftsman in 10 F (their narrowest available width) as per their recommendation at the store. My toes felt a bit cramped at the end, and after a year of wear, that hasn't changed much due to the stiff toe box. I just bought a pair of RMW in 10.5 which work much better. However they were too wide in that length, so had to add an insole to fill up the excess volume.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pennydog1
Hi there i could do with some help on the purchase of RM WIlliams Comfort Craftsman.

I usually take size 10.5(US) in Timberland and bought some Comfort Craftsmans size 9.5(Aus) they feel ok but i camn slightly feel the end of the boot??!!
I have spoke to the people i bought from and they are sending me size 10(Aus) to try and they are telling me to choose between the two.
I just wondered if anyone had experience as towhether they stretch length wise??
sorry to go on.

Just got my first pair today. Craftsman Yearling, Chestnut. I usually wear size 10.5 US or 10 US wide. The pair I bought is size 9+ Aus, width G. Feels snug but comfortable right off the back.

According to Australian Fair clerk in San Francisco, the leathers of RM Williams boots does not stretch much. Will see if that's true after a couple months.

MellonC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Just got my first pair today. Craftsman Yearling, Chestnut. I usually wear size 10.5 US or 10 US wide. The pair I bought is size 9+ Aus, width G. Feels snug but comfortable right off the back. According to Australian Fair clerk in San Francisco, the leathers of RM Williams boots does not stretch much. Will see if that's true after a couple months.
I'm a 10.5 E in Park Avenues. I ordered the 10 G in Turnout from Australia. I originally ordered the 10 F but the lady there said that G's were in stock and that she will gladly exchange it if it's too big. I suspect that it will be too wide but worth a try. I'll give it a shot and report back. ------------------- On another note, I just realized that I actually was one of the earlier adapters of RM Williams boots in my wardrobe. My mother was cleaning out my closet (I kept my stuff there 11 years ago) and told me that she just threw away my old boots - It occurred to me that they were actually RMW's I actually ordered from Autralia sight unseen at that time. I hadn't worn it in a long time because the toe box was too narrow - my pinky toe was hurting after long walks in Manhattan. I remember the toe box was was definitely chiseled and the heel was somewhat high (my foot moved forward just a bit every time I landed a step - made the pinky toe situation worse). Too make a long story short, I told her to read off the label to me on the pulls tabs. she said something about "... Williams?" They were Kangaroo leather in black and I remember paying about $200 plus shipping AND customs duty for it. This is when AE's were going for only $250. I wish I had kept'em. I could have sold'em to one of the SF members. Oh well. I can't believe she threw'em away.
frown.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
So what's the best place to order the forum special (nice shoe) right now if I'm located in North America? Not sure about Nungar due to feedback...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
So what's the best place to order the forum special (nice shoe) right now if I'm located in North America? Not sure about Nungar due to feedback...
The forum special is something that was arranged through Nungar. It is not a specific model, just a set of specifications (and a sizing method) that Sator put together. P.s. the new sig is great
fing02[1].gif
- I am jealous!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
The forum special is something that was arranged through Nungar. It is not a specific model, just a set of specifications (and a sizing method) that Sator put together.

P.s. the new sig is great
fing02[1].gif
- I am jealous!

I saw that, I'm basically looking for a reliable and hopefully cheap place that carries them...Where did you get your pair? I want to send the link to a friend because I think that's what he's looking for, might even order a pair myself but not sure...

Yeah the sig is great
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nobody "carries" them. bootsonline will ship you RMWs. Aussiebushhats will too. OF the three, I've had the best luck with bootonline, but my sample size is small and YMMV.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that, I'm basically looking for a reliable and hopefully cheap place that carries them...Where did you get your pair? I want to send the link to a friend because I think that's what he's looking for, might even order a pair myself but not sure...

Yeah the sig is great
smile.gif

I actually don't have the forum special (at least not yet). Two of my RM are from Nungar though, the third I got (practically new) from some chap here.

rando

Reaction score
Yeah I am wondering as well what the best way to get a pair of these would be in LA. Are the guidelines from the first post still good?

MellonC

Reaction score

I'm getting mine from Aussiebushhats.com

--------------------------------

I have a questions on sizing - Yes, I know another question about sizing....

Aussiebushhats.com is sending a 10 G for sizing and i'll probably return them because my estimation is that it will be too large. So, I am probably going to go with 10 F's. However, Aussiebushhats.com has different designation for F fits. Some say F - Wide Toe and some say F - Medium Toe and some say F - Narrow Toe.

For the Turnout last I'm assuming I'm getting the 530 last. Does this mean I have three toe width choices in each last? or does this just mean that the there are 3 F fits based on 529, 530 and 531 last?

MellonC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Just got my first pair today. Craftsman Yearling, Chestnut. I usually wear size 10.5 US or 10 US wide. The pair I bought is size 9+ Aus, width G. Feels snug but comfortable right off the back.

According to Australian Fair clerk in San Francisco, the leathers of RM Williams boots does not stretch much. Will see if that's true after a couple months.

What's a 9+ size??? Is it 9.5 ???

rando

Reaction score
The forum special is something that was arranged through Nungar. It is not a specific model, just a set of specifications (and a sizing method) that Sator put together. P.s. the new sig is great
fing02[1].gif
- I am jealous!

I actually don't have the forum special (at least not yet). Two of my RM are from Nungar though, the third I got (practically new) from some chap here.
I am kind of confused as it seems like at first you are saying there is no forum special model but then afterwards you refer to one. Could you please clarify? Thanks!

laphroaig

Reaction score
Yes, it is a little confusing. There is so much information in the first post about many types of RM Williams boots it's hard to find the details of the forum special model. To the forum special model spec is a boot using the flat heel, B529 last, and brass screwed leather soles, preferably in french veal calf, and one size up in legth and two sizes down in width from a well fitting RM Williams boot. You can order it from anywhere that will supply custom RM Williams boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads