• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for the ****** pic, battery died after this one so i can't be bothered to take a better one...

ueYsrTGQa.jpg

Y's
Corpus
Y's

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
hey i'm new here (and to dressing well, in general. i bought my first pair of >$60 jeans only a couple weeks ago) and i really don't know **** about ****. is it bad to tuck in the front of a shirt/ sweatshirt like i'm doing in the picture below?

the only reason i would do it would be to show the belt buckle, and to make the fit a little tighter near the belt area because i'm 6'3" and that, for some reason, makes almost every top really wide-fitting near the belt. as in, it looks fine from the front but looks like a triangle from the side view. is there any particular brand (t-shirts, mainly) that would provide a better fit?

any suggestions are welcome for helping me to develop a better style.

Welcome to styleforum! Not a bad fit....I personally would not tuck the sweater in, it looks awkward. At your height you should be able to find sweaters that can remain untucked and still show some belt when you move around, put your hands in your pockets, etc. I would also ditch the sneakers for something a little nicer like a leather oxford or boot or something.

Stick around, browse the boards to get to know the lay of the land, use the search function to become acquainted with popular subjects like fitted shirts, and keep posting!

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gmku
Wow, much warmer welcome than I ever got!

I don't see much point in abusing the new inmates unless they are asking for it. Besides, everyone's gotta start somewhere and has room to improve.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaaha yeah, i guess those sneakers have no place within that outfit.

here is -tuck in, -sneakers:

33bd8wo.jpg

random shoes from the walking store:

2ex4to7.jpg

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Just curious - how long does it take to shoot all of those and then stitch'em together? And what do you use?
See below...

Originally Posted by converge
Varvatos boots?
Varvatos Chucka's

Originally Posted by xchen
When I've done it I have used Photoshop (I'm not the master but I am decent) and it only takes an extra few minutes. The main thing is making sure the camera stays still while you press the start timer button. Oh and don't stand so you'll overlap yourself.

Somebody should make a "Post your Photoshop creations" thread if one doesn't exist already.

When I do it it's freakin' quick.
eh.gif
Just set the camera up on a tripod and set the thing on "double" shot. Hit the button, stand, click, move right, stand, click, back to camera, hit the button, stand, click, move left, stand, click, back to camera, hit the button, stand, click, do something different, stand, click, etc.

When editing I just flip through the photos and find good ones that don't overlap. Last time I got lucky and found 5 that worked well together. BTW, I use Paint (yes, Paint ) to bring everything together. If I spent more time I'd probably be able to work out the lighting/lines and it'd look more real but I'm not trying to trick anyone.

Originally Posted by gmku
Wow, much warmer welcome than I ever got!

That's because Rye hasn't checked in and it doesn't seem like anyone has noticed the details of the coin pocket.

borderline

Reaction score
Hiya, looking for some comments on what I was wearing over a few days this week to work (University professor). Particularly curious about your thoughts on the break in the pants. The chinos in the 2nd and 3rd pictures felt really short, but in the photos they don't look that short...Also the shirt in the 2nd picture, the dark blue LLBean, is a small. I usually wear a medium, so the fit seemed better in the chest but the sleeves might be a hair short. Can you tell?

Nothing particularly fancy or expensive here: shirts by BR, LLBean Chambray, Daniel Cremieux. Chinos are BR, jeans are 501 STF. Shoes are Trask in the first two and at the bottom some AE Stockbridge in chili color. Thanks.

gmku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
I don't see much point in abusing the new inmates unless they are asking for it. Besides, everyone's gotta start somewhere and has room to improve.

Okay, well that's encouraging.

gmku

Reaction score
borderline, as far as I can tell, everything looks like it fits well. Personally, I go for slightly more length in my pants, both jeans and khakis, but what you're doing does not look wrong either. To me, at least. I might take exception with the shoes, which to me are a little more on the dressy side than I'd like with jeans. Has to do with the sheen of the leather, I think. Suede or a darker leather would seem to be a better choice. Well, and the belt--again, slightly too dressy? I dunno. It's... borderline.
smile.gif

Those are some fine looking 501s, though. Proof that you don't have to do the extravagantly priced to achieve nice results.

But who am I to be critical?

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsholmes1
augusto86 i dig the fit.

GS...I am def feeling that shirt. Might have to get myself one.

whodini i love the ensemble...ur chick looks pretty nice too. BTW, all this time I thought you were gay. OOPS!

who ARE you?
i am not anyones chick. don't make me come punch you in the throat. that goes for the rest of you dudes as well. have you been watching too much daytime tv?
next you're going to say that whodini is cheating on his gay lover with me and that i'm pregnant with the gardener who is from Saturn's alien babies.
plain.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
who ARE you?
i am not anyones chick. don't make me come punch you in the throat. that goes for the rest of you dudes as well. have you been watching too much daytime tv?
next you're going to say that whodini is cheating on his gay lover with me and that i'm pregnant with the gardener who is from Saturn's alien babies.
plain.gif

This Saturn? Woah.

saturn.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who ARE you?
plain.gif

Haha I'm sure whodini appreciates you getting so offended.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who ARE you?
plain.gif

Shoulda known you were just Who's "beard".....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads