• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmku

Reaction score
True, though I think of him more as a cultural icon than a fashion one. I grew up with the Beatles and Lennon basically, and yeah, from a certain point, I can see where he (and the rest of the Beatles) were a fashion influence. Definitely, especially during the actual Beatles years. Post-Beatles, though, as an ex-Beatle, he doesn't seem to carry that same weight. At least as far as I can tell. And at least as I remember it from high school and college--I mean, nobody then was really concerned about following whatever look Lennon was into during the 70s. Post-Beatles, among kids at least, it was the glam-rock look, disco, and then punk.

I do like the shoes.

Then again, I liked what Keith Richards wore back then, too, especially his snake-skin boots and secondhand girly print shirts (which I suspect he just nicked from Anita).

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
81557_WT0002.jpg
Linen shirt from J crew.
ES-MJ57_V1.jpg
Earnest Sewn Fulton. My first washed pair of jeans in about 2 years. It's taking a bit of getting used to, but I couldn't handle another summer dripping with ball sweat.
5837399B.JPG
Slip-on Vans.
6900-458130-p.jpg
Clarks Desert Boots.

gmku

Reaction score
Nice stuff... . My two pairs of Clarks originals be on their way. One today, one tomorrow. Damn, where's that UPS truck!!!

Edit: I am now wearing my Clarks Desert Treks in beeswax leather, and everything is fine in my world.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ndg s/s light blue shirt

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Tim, I like how that shoebox has holes on the sides too. Cute packaging.
Yeah, I like the box too. Pretty smart. The middle compartment slides out too. Lot nicer than some other mainstream sneaker brands I've had.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Yeah, I like the box too. Pretty smart. The middle compartment slides out too. Lot nicer than some other mainstream sneaker brands I've had.

Nothing beats fresh white sneaks! Where'd you get them, and how much were they?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jet: what's the fabric like? how does it fit?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going with the standard SF theme of stock photos....
Went by context's measurements so I got a small...

I've been eyeing it for a while and copped it at 30% off at brigade

nomss0805.gif

gmku

Reaction score
For anyone interested in Clarks, some fit advice: the Desert Treks seem to run about true to size, but the Boots are a little large. That was my experience. I wear an 11.5 Converse chucks or 12 Born oxford. Heeding some advice that the Treks run large, I went with size 11 at first, which while wearable also pinched a bit and didn't leave much toe-wiggle room. I replaced them (overnight! thru Zappos) with an 11.5 and they are absolutely perfect. My Boots I ordered in size 11 and they also are perfect.

(Also what Zappos calls gray distressed actually seems to be gray suede. In any event, it's very nice.)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
jet: what's the fabric like? how does it fit?

It's like a pinpoint fabric, kinda looks like smooth chambray. Fit's slim and is cut with a short straight hem, no chest pockets. Got it cheap so why not. Also comes in a thicker white cotton same fabric as the safari shirt they have.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over-priced Lacoste jacket
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
img0640rt1.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred Perry. I bought it because of the small collar.
img0643gz1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads