• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dan G
Anybody know what the Montgomery and Hutton models equate to in EG?

Montgomery doesn't. It's a wing cap monk with broguing. The Hutton is Malvern on a double leather sole.

fusherino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by techsetter
Hey guys,

Do you think this Black label navy blazer is a good deal after 30% + 20%?

Link

im a fan of black label. and that was before i even knew it was canvassed. i once purchased a bl suit online tho, the anthony model in gabardine and thought the fabric looked incredibly cheap. so, since this jacket is a different fabric, id say YES

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Darlton blucher in black calf is nice and sleek. I'd only purchase the Alden blucher if you want shell, not calf.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Montgomery doesn't. It's a wing cap monk with broguing. The Hutton is Malvern on a double leather sole.
+

Are these on the 89 last?

Also, does anyone know if RL has an EG Welland analog? If so, what is the name and last. Thanks.

pledge

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 20-30% "kicker" applies to online purchases as well. I was "invited" to the Private Sale, but I certainly don't want to miss out on the extra discount by waiting until May 15th. In other words, does the MAY15 coupon code include the extra discount from the "kicker"? Thanks in advance.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
Does anyone know if the 20-30% "kicker" applies to online purchases as well. I was "invited" to the Private Sale, but I certainly don't want to miss out on the extra discount by waiting until May 15th. In other words, does the MAY15 coupon code include the extra discount from the "kicker"? Thanks in advance.

The only code I received in the mail was on the 20% additional "kicker" card that's good for May 15 only. That leads me to believe that the web prices will be modified to reflect the 30-40% base discount throughout the May 15-19 sale period and the extra 20% will be factored in when you use the MAY15 code on the 15th only.

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
The only code I received in the mail was on the 20% additional "kicker" card that's good for May 15 only. That leads me to believe that the web prices will be modified to reflect the 30-40% base discount throughout the May 15-19 sale period and the extra 20% will be factored in when you use the MAY15 code on the 15th only.
Thanks for the reply. I think that's a sensible estimation, and accords well with what some of the SA's have told me. Based on seasons past, do you happen to know if any of the Platinum cashmere v-necks, or Big Pony collection will be going on sale?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Just hit the Mansion and here's the skinny...

All items are 40% off with an additional 20% with the kicker code.

I scored the following:

RLPL by Saint Andrews 2B dark tan gaberdine suit
Grants in black on the 888
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RLPL version of Malvern in chestnut on the 888
5 RLPL Lorenzini dress shirts
5 RLPL ties

They are definitely taking pre-sale orders and will hold stuff and charge you on this Tursday.

Unleash the hounds!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Is the RLPL version of the Malvern called the Malvern? Obvious answer is yes, but...

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went over to the Mansion at about six this evening. All but one of the EG shoes remaining in stock were black: Peering, Grant, etc. The only remaining non-black EG shoe was the spectator Hutton I picked up in chestnut antique and white suede. It appears to have a beviled waist and is not doublesoled. I would say the dimensions are identical to my EG Malvern III spectator in chestnut with acorn twill.

I think I picked up the last 9.5. They were holding a 10 for someone and may have had one more in stock. I really think anyone who waits for the 15th to pick up RLPL shoes from the mansion will find that there are none remaining. It sounded to me like there wasnt much remaining (I'm not counting the MTO stuff).

MY SA told me about the sale, gave me the 40% and the 20% kicker, charged my credit card, packed my shoes up and I walked out with them.
Philo

raphael

Reaction score
Don't forget to get something for the doggy too.

vincentjq0.jpg

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Is the RLPL version of the Malvern called the Malvern? Obvious answer is yes, but...

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but the RLPL equivalent is called the "Barend". I don't believe they have any more in stock in the Mansion. FWIW, I prefer the EG Inverness to the Malvern.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by techsetter
Hey guys,

Do you think this Black label navy blazer is a good deal after 30% + 20%?

Link

Yes, I'd say so. Of course another couple of hundred off wouldn't hurt, but it's rare to find a navy blazer on that level of discount.

You may decide to replace the buttons, if you don't like the RL crest on them. Personally, I think it's fine, but I don't think everyone would agree. Still a bargain, though.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wo beat me to the punch on the last pair of Grants in burnished calf (11 D) at the BH Store? I did manage both the Grant and Eden in Black

PittDoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael
Don't forget to get something for the doggy too.
That "thing" could use a turtleneck Polo!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads