• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

JamesT

Reaction score
Alright, I'm confused. When does this sale start?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT
Alright, I'm confused. When does this sale start?

Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
The actual sale runs Thursday the 15th through Monday the 19th and is a 40% discount. The extra 20% off (which totals to a 52% discount) is only on Thursday the 15th. The online code for that day is MAY15. If you go into the store without the extra 20% discount card they should give you the 20% kicker if you just mention it to them.

And it lived right in this very thread.

JamesT

Reaction score
And it lived right in this very thread.

I thought it was May 15th but all this talk of "I just got this..." and "They will bill your CC on Thursday" had me thinking otherwise.

rando

Reaction score
will EG's ever be this cheap again at ~500, doesnt seem like it

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesT
I thought it was May 15th but all this talk of "I just got this..." and "They will bill your CC on Thursday" had me thinking otherwise.

Yeah, those are the pros that go in early, pick their stuff and get their shopping done. I'm sure if you don't have a regular sales associate someone can recommend one to you, but I'm guessing any SA that wants to ring the register will help you out with getting your stuff lined up early. The actual transaction would be on the 15th however.

Originally Posted by rando
will EG's ever be this cheap again at ~500, doesnt seem like it

If what Andrew is saying about them going up to approx. $1300 through RL is correct, I'd be hard pressed to believe they'll get this cheap again too often. That's a helluva discount to get from $1300 to under $500.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If what Andrew is saying about them going up to approx. $1300 through RL is correct, I'd be hard pressed to believe they'll get this cheap again too often. That's a helluva discount to get from $1300 to under $500.

Given the fall of the dollar and the fact the RL has maintained the $950 pricing for a while, an increase seems to be in order. As a point of reference, RLPL Saint Andrews suits are now $3800-$4300, a 20%+ increase from about a year ago.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Given the fall of the dollar and the fact the RL has maintained the $950 pricing for a while, an increase seems to be in order. As a point of reference, RLPL Saint Andrews suits are now $3800-$4300, a 20%+ increase from about a year ago.

I completely understand, which is why I want to grab what I can in what might be the last great cheap EG grab - at least until we, you know, fix the dollar
plain.gif

Andrew, I'm unclear on the availability of some of the EG models now. I know the Grant is on RL.com and available at the mansion. A couple of other models have been mentioned, but does RL still carry the shoes like the Mackay and the Grant in the browns (dark oak)? I don't deal with the RLPL shoes enough to know if it's just that most stores have to order them or that they're just not available any longer. I should be able to talk to my SA tomorrow to find out, but any info you can provide would be appreciated.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Andrew, I'm unclear on the availability of some of the EG models now. I know the Grant is on RL.com and available at the mansion. A couple of other models have been mentioned, but does RL still carry the shoes like the Mackay and the Grant in the browns (dark oak)? I don't deal with the RLPL shoes enough to know if it's just that most stores have to order them or that they're just not available any longer. I should be able to talk to my SA tomorrow to find out, but any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Some stores might have a few left over pieces but they are not current stock. Thne fact that GVH had so many Grants in chestnut tells you the RL discontinued them as a stock item. All but one model at The Mansion was in black.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the December sale? 40 + 15?

I think I got my suits for around 400 a pop. Plus I had a coupon that gave me a gift certificate of 350 or something as well on top of that so really it came out to three something per suit. I don't know anyone else that had that coupon though so I'd say 400 in Dec. I don't think they'd be selling a tan or lighter colored suit in Dec though.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stores might have a few left over pieces but they are not current stock. Thne fact that GVH had so many Grants in chestnut tells you the RL discontinued them as a stock item. All but one model at The Mansion was in black.

Damn. Thanks for the info.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But the exchange rate between $ & £ has been pretty stable for past 2 years, ranging £=$1.95-2.05.

Balthazar

Reaction score
What does RLPL call the Dover and do they still carry it?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Balthazar
What does RLPL call the Dover and do they still carry it?

Carter? Not sure if it's still available. I'm sure the shoe fairy knows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads